I'm in an art class, I think I've mentioned on here that art is what I like to do. I like to draw and paint mostly. Well we've moved into the part of the semester where between now and when the semester ends we are expected to do three pieces of our choice. I wanted to do a painting, but the school only has acrylic paints. Acrylics are plastic, and very fast drying. You can do a lot with them, but they always have this cartoony feel to me. I just really don't like them. Not to mention that the school's supplies are beaten up, the paints and the brushes. Anyway, we have to tell the teacher before we start our projects what we plan on doing, and with what tools and such. The school doesn't have any oil paints, which is what I wanted to work with (even though I don't have much experience with them). I told her I'd like to work with oils but I would probably end up doing my painting in acrylic.

Well I went to school yesterday and she gave me a box with my own set of brand new oil paints that said "To Tanya" and "From Mrs. Duke". I just thought it was really kind of her, and I almost started crying right there (I know, I'm a baby). It's just that she didn't need to do that, but that she still thought of me outside of school and bought me those.

I am going to bake her some cookies and give her a little note that says thank you, but I'm not sure if that is appropriate. What do you guys think?

I'm really glad, because all four of my teachers are really nice, and two are really amazing. But Mrs. Duke is definitely my favourite teacher ever (she was also Nathan's favourite when he went to high school).

I'm doing a big drawing right now and if anyone is interested in seeing it when I'm done (probably later tonight) I will post pictures, and after I get going with the painting I will show you guys my finished work too.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
aw thats so sweet! You should bake her cookies or something so she knows she touched you. I think thats most good teachers goals, to touch a students life for the better. i would have cried. i wanna see your art when your done.
|

Especially eHealthy
wow, that is so nice. i don't think cookies and a note would be inappropriate at all!

i'm glad you have such great teachers.

i'd love to see your finished work!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That was so nice of her! I wish I had teachers like that back when I was in school! I'd love to see your finished work as well!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
That was really nice of her! Cookies and a thank you note are perfect!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Okay I will be baking her cookies then. I didn't know if it would look really akward on my part, but I'm sure she wouldn't even think like that.

And thanks for the interest, I will post my finished work on here. The painting might take me a couple of days but I'll show guys what I have done of the drawing so far at some point today.
|

Extremely eHealthy
That was very nice of her! I agree, I think cookies would be a great way to show her your appreciation! I bet she'd be tickled to get cookies from you.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Awee you see there still are some really nice people in this world. I think the cookies and a note are a very sweet gesture in return...Good for you Tanya.Good luck on your painting....I would like to see it when its complete can you post it ?
|

Especially eHealthy
Cookies would be GREAT. I'll bet she will truly love them and the thank you note. Seriously. Let her know you appreciate that she thought of you. Because she obviously thinks very highly of you.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
wow that is really amazig, i think the cookies are definitely appropriate!

i love people who do things like that.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...