Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Food Containing Molasses

User Profile
IS IT OK TO FEED MY BABY THINGS LIKE COOKIES THAT HAVE MOLASSES AS THE INGREDIENT? I KNOW YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO FEED THEM HONEY..BUT, I JUST WANT TO BE SAFE ON THIS. I NOTICE ALL OF THE BITER BISCUITS CONTAIN MOLASSES. I JUST WANT TO BE SURE. HE'S ONLY 7 MONTHS.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
they're not supposed to get honey because of botulism. i don't see why there would be anything wrong with molasses.
|

replied November 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Babies don't have a taste for sweet things until we give them sweet things. Which is why it is advised to give things like vegetables before giving fruits. That way, babies won't know what they are missing. Vegetables are technically better than fruits.

But there is no reason not to give babies something like cookies sparingly Wink Molasses is fine.
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2007
COOL, THANK YOU!!!
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2008
Community Volunteer
If you want to use Molasses, it's best to get the unsulfured kind. Otherwise you are feeding him the sulfates and sulfatites that we as adults don't do so well on.

If it's already in the baby food that you buy at the store in the baby aisle, it's already been approved for babies and you don't need to worry about it.
|
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....