Hey

is it normal to still be passin blood clots... I know its gross but yeh.. I am still passing some.. Roughly 3 every 2 days they are smal like the size of quarters is it normal I mean dom is 3 an a half months old now
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hmmmm, I don't know. Maybe not?
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Experienced User
Anyone know anything?!?!
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Experienced User
??
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
It isn't normal. My doctor told me that I should only bleed for 6 weeks and that if I passed any clots the size of a golf ball or egg, that I needed to call them immediately. I think after 6 weeks, you shouldn't even be bleeding red blood anymore. This is kinda gross, but I still have a little bit of discharge, but it's not blood anymore...So I don't think it's normal at all to have clots still after 3 months. That's like 12 weeks. I'd call your doctor. Did you have a c-section or was it vaginal?

Blu
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Experienced User
Hey well

I had a vaginal birth.. Up until dom was 5 weeks I passed ones the size of like say maderine oranges.. Sorry for detial... I dont know what it could be
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Oh my! Those were pretty big clots. Did you tell your doctor about them?

Blu
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Experienced User
Yes n she said nothing to worry about because they werent happening often... I would get say 2 to 4 within a 8 day span.. An because it looked like I could break it up they stopped for awhile like 2 weeks n started again but they r the size of quarters
|

replied April 7th, 2004
I don't know why your doctor dismissed it like that. I wouldn't think it would be normal to pass them that big. And now that it's been 3 months since you had him, I really don't think you should even be bleeding at all. Sometimes it takes a week or two longer for some people, but you shouldn't be passing clots still. I'd say call your doctor and tell him/her about it again and explain what's going on and if they dismiss it again, try to talk to a different doctor. You may not be healing right. Clots form from built up blood. You may have ruptured blood vessels that aren't healing. Sorry, that sounds kinda scary.

Blu
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Id call and talk to your doctor see what she says. Have long has it been now almost 2 months right?! You should probably be done with all of that in my opinion but everyone is diffferent!
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Experienced User
Jill it is been 3 an a half months since I had him ..My doc told me I shouldnt worry bout the clots before when I was having them beacsuse they werent that frequent n it was liike I could break em up... I dunno how serious could reputred blood vessels be.. How would they fix it if that is the problem
|

replied April 7th, 2004
I'm not really sure what they do for it. My aunt had that problem after she had my cousin, but she never said how they fixed it. I know that when the placenta comes loose from inside of your uterus it breaks blood vessels that it was connected to, maybe that's what is causing it. Have you had any breaks in your bleeding, or have you been bleeding every day straight since you had him?

Blu
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Experienced User
I had a break which was when I got my period.. Then my period stopped n I was fine for 2 days then it started again.. I dont bleed all the time I just pass clots when I go to the bathroom
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thats really weird! Id call you doctor and see what she says. Ive never heard of it before!
|

replied April 7th, 2004
When you had your period before you got pregnant, did you have clots at all?

Blu
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Experienced User
No before I got prego I never had clots even when I was on my period.. It was all liquidy.. Sorry for details..... I am gonna call the 24 hour line for the health nurse... Ur blood vessel theory has got me kind of :s I will tell u what they say
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Okay! Hope its nothin!!! As long as your not bleeding really bad I wouldnt worry too much!
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Oh gosh, i'm sorry. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure everything will be fine. Alrighty..Tell me what they say.

Blu
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
What did they say? Smile
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Experienced User
I don't want to scare you.... But I think you should definitely go to the doctor or even the hospital... You could have an infection that has spread to your ovaries... I know a girl who had to take antibiotics for it but then had to have an emergency partial hysterectomy...... I hope everything is okay but its not normal to be bleeding still like that... Its serious.... Sorry I don't want to scare you... Hope everything is okay..
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...