Yesturday I was playing with the dog after I was eatin my "after school" snack and the cats startin goin nuts so I had to get the doc since they were goin after her eyes. I went for the dog and the cat(tanner) went after me for gettin the dog. So he bit me in my butt so I screamed cause it hurt(went thru my jeans and all) it even made me bleed. So when I screamed it didnt help and so he bit my leg like crazy and I was really bleedin down there and already bruised..I was cryin like crazy. Ryan says its not good to get bit while pregnant cause the baby can get something. Is that true? Im new to all this stuff since its my first pregnancy so I thought you girls(ladies) could help me since u helped in the past. Thanks bunches
~heather,ryan, and baby(not here for another 4 months *tear*)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 6th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Cats can have a disease called toxoplamosis, but im not sure if you can get it from being bit (maybe from licking themselves and having the nastys in their mouth and then you gettin bit?) but you can get it from cleaning the kitty litter. Usually outdoor cats get it so as long as your cats are up to date on their shots and are strictly indoor cats I dont think there is anything to worry about... If they are outdoor cats (or have contact with any outdoor cats) you should call your doctor (or vet?) and see what kinds of things you and baby could have been exposed to.
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Omg go to the docter or hospitpal!! My cat attacked me last year on my hand and I could see the bone and crap it was so nasty and the next day I went to the clinic and my hand was 5 times the size ir should be! I had to get iv cuz cats are the worst thing to get bittin by they have germs and crap..If I didnt get iv I could of got my hand cut off!! Shocked

alison
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I just bled thats all and I got marks but im just bruised thats all nothin to serious. I was just makin sure baby will be fine and not catch anything. They are strickly indoor cats and are not sick(maybe sick in the head lol) sorry I had to put that in there.
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Im sure its nothing, normally house cats are healthy, so if urs goes to the vet and gets his shots ur fine! Goodluck*
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I still think u should go to a clinic..Cats have one of the (caps) worst germy stuff thats bad for you..
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I think ur reffering to the 'disease' most cats carry, toxoplamosis..But u get through cat feesies (lol sp?) so otherwords litterbox* but most people that are exposed to it are exposed b4 pregnancy and become immune.
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Are you saying that to me kari? I am talking about what is it in cats mouths I am not lieing I didnt think nothing would happen but the people at the hospital told me if u ever get bitten by a cat and its bleeding and bad go to the hotpisal right away
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hmm I duno..I got bit in the butt by my friends pit-bull. I just walked in his house though and the damn thing bit right through my jeans and made me bleed. It really hurt!
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Indoor cats are very clean sanitary animals. A dogs mouth is cleaner than a persons mouth and I believe its the same with cats too. Although outdoor cats are just as bad as raccoons and other nasty dirty animals.
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
The cat went phsyco again this morning while ryan and I were eatin cereal. The dog jumped knocked ryans bowl over milk everywhere and the cat started goin nuts my brother screamed and bad move cat started attacking I hid in the corner on the counter. Lol ryan was like holy crap. It was funny since I didnt get bit this time.
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Do you think that cat will be safe when your baby is around???
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I wont be living there. Ill be living at ryans house and staying at his house for good once the baby is here. I already told my mom when I come to visit if the cat goes nuts im gonna kick the cat. Dont get me wrong I love animals but if the cat bites my kid im gonna be one pissed off mom.
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yay heather! Our babies can play lots if your gonna be living with ryan! Is your inbox full? I sent you a couple messages but I dont think you got them....
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
It might be how in the world do u delete them? Ive been hitting delete but they dont delete.
|

replied April 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I think you have to delete them one at a time cuz it wouldnt let me either so I opened the message and clicked delete and it worked that way.
|

replied April 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied April 10th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thats so dumb I wouldnt have thought of that! Lol thanks ladies now everyone can write me and I can check em Wink
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...