Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Did I ovulate this month? Why did temps increase? (Page 1)

Ok, so my chart is really wacky this month and I don't know what to attribute it to.

So fertility friend has not given me cross hairs for ovulation yet. I got a positive opk on Saturday. On Friday it was pretty close to positive, but the line was still lighter than the test line. Sunday when I tested, I got a line, but it wasn't positive either. So I only marked the one positive.

I didn't really keep track of cm this month which I should have because now the chart is all messed up.

I have had really strange temps this month. Right before I got the positive opk I had higher than usual pre o temps. Then after I got the positive on the opk I have had unusually low post o temps. I think that is why FF is not giving me cross hairs. I have even gone ahead a couple days and added fake temps that are well above my ususal post o temps to see if it will do it and it won't.

So I don't know what to think. Maybe I really didn't o this month? But if thats the case, why are my temps close to post o temps?

I had a thermometer problem earlier. When I went on my trip I took my bbt with me and didn't have any problems. When I came home I couldn't find my thermometer so I used my regular thermometer instead. I used it for Thursday, Friday and Saturdayand Sunday. I found it on Sunday and I have been using that since.

Does anyone think that because of the cold temps outside that it could have an effect on my temp. We don't have to sleep with our heat on yet. Its still like 68 in our house at night.

Please take a look and let me know what you think...

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/19ab84

Last edited by tues0974 on November 6th, 2007 10:36 AM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
did you BD on the friday or saturday?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I looked at it this morning. I can't look at it right now though. So, I'm going off memory.

For some reason, I really thought you o'ed yesterday. (is that the day your temp spiked).

Thermometers will totally throw off your chart. Two seperate thermometers even the same make, will give you two different temps. And using a regular thermometer would throw it off even more.

I would go off your positive opk. That is a pretty good 'constant'. And you know you can o within 3 days +/-. So, your bd pattern looks pretty good (excellent actually).

I'll have to look at it agian when I get home and make sure I sill agree with what I thought this morning. I was confused on mine as well, so I blame it on being early. lol.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well I started to put in some cm results of what I remembered, and it wanted to show that I oed on Monday. So maybe I did and the opk just showed it early. That is only 48 hours after I got my positive.

And yes Becky we did bd on Friday and Saturday morning. We didn't bd last night, but I am going to see if hes up to it tonight just to round it out.

I also am going to use another opk today, just to ease my mind to know that I really got a positive on Saturday.

I am also going to go out and buy another bbt thermometer if af shows. Mine was making weird beeps at me yesterday.

We shall see.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
i hope that it was ovulation and you caught the egg!

good luck with 2ww
|

Extremely eHealthy
I hope so.

Today I have been having weird cramping on and off. When i was taking my bra off last night, my nips were more sensitive than usual (could be ovulation tenderness - even though I have never had it)

Also I have had so much cm its not even funny. Its kinda in between creamy and egg white. I don't know what to make of that other than we are going to bd tonight.

Hopefully I have already ovulated, and this will be for good measure...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Good luck........hopefully this is it for you Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I don't know. You could be ovulating now. Did you use an opk today?

I would def. bd tonight just to make sure.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I just took it and Im waiting for the results . Its been 2 minutes already and there is nothing there...
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hi Heather
I'm with Christy on this one. They say to use the same thermometer throughout the whole process. Fertility Friend has a whole section on it. So that is probably why your temps are wonky.
I'm so done with the temping...it's so stressful. Since you have a regular cycle, once you pinpoint when you normally ovulate, you can just rely on your OPK's to tell you the exact day. So if you normally ovulate on cd13, start the opks on cd10 and don't worry so much about the temps.
Also, I've said it before, I'll say it again...those digital OPK's are awesome because you never have to second guess if the line is dark enough. The digital opk gives you a happy face when it's time. I never ever got a positive on the internet cheapies, but got a strong positive every month on the digital ones. Also, its very important to hold your pee for 4 hrs. Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
I really try to be cafefull to hold it in as long as I can. Sometimes I can't wait that long.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I hear ya...I drink a lot of green tea and have a very tiny bladder....so I totally understand.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If there is no line. I'd be pretty sure you o'ed yesterday. (again, from what I remember)

I'd still bd tonight just to cover your bases.

Maybe, what you are feeling is the progesterone surge. Maybe, it's a good sign that you are feeling it this month as opposed to previous months. Very Happy
|

Extremely eHealthy
What is it that I would be feeling with a progesterone surge, and why do I want to feel it now as opposed to any other month.

I don't know anything about that
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Progesterone is the hormone that our body produces during the second part of our monthly cycle (after ovulation). This is also the hormone that is responsible for the rise in temperature that shows us that we have ovulated.

Progesterone is responsible for both pms and early pregnancy symptoms. It is also the hormone that supports early pregnancy.

So, maybe you have higher progesterone this month (maybe a stonger o?) and that is why you are feeling the sensitive nipples and have increased discharge. Are you feeling fatiqued at all?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I am extreemly tired, but I can't count that.

I worked out at the gym (first time in FOREVER) and I was up until midnight watching my Steelers crush the Ravens.

So Im just tired because of that I think
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
was there no line?
|

Extremely eHealthy
There is a very very faint line. No where near a positive.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I can't wait until I can see your chart...

When do you think you o'ed?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I really have no idea. I put the game on there where people can predict the ovulation. So you take a look and let me know. Cause I have no clue. This is a crazy month
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....