Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Anything to Make Lordosos Better? Surgery? Workouts?

I have lordosis and have always had from what im finding out on the internet. It makes my gut look bigger than it really is because of it sticking out and what so I want to ask what makes this better. What do I have to do apart from lower ab workouts which I already incorporate into my workouts. Is there surgery to fix this problem?? What can be done??
please any suggestions ill take them.
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Sacroiliac manipulation. Many times when sij subluxation ie ilium upslip causes extended lordosis. Quite often, after iliums have been pushed back to their places, lordosis gets corrected.

Of course there are a lot of different sij manipulation techniques and most of them are quite useless...

And Pilates is one thing to improve the balance in your pelvis. No use to excercise your lower abs if you do it wrong...
|

replied November 6th, 2007
Experienced User
so if sij maniplation is useless, why did you suggest it?
what is those illium upslip things you were talking about?can i have that?
|

replied November 7th, 2007
Experienced User
POM82 wrote:
so if sij maniplation is useless, why did you suggest it?

It is not If you find a good expert. But they are hard to find.

POM82 wrote:
what is those illium upslip things you were talking about?can i have that?

Few examples:
Symptoms of an Upslip by Tom LeBlanc, PT
Do you feel as if you are walking on uneven ground, even though you know the floor is level? Does it hurt to sit too long? Do you sometimes misjudge distance, while walking through an open door, and bang your shoulder into the door jamb? Do you feel off balance and frequently have to catch yourself to keep from falling? Have you noticed yourself “running out of steam” much earlier in the day since having an accident or a fall? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be suffering from an upslip.
What is an Upslip?
An upslip, or superior ilium, is a condition where one ilium (pelvis bone) is slightly higher than the ilium on the opposite side.

Health & Posture by Brent Stevenson, Physiotherapist (aka Physical Therapist) in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
"Symmetry in your pelvis is very important to prevent pain problems and allow all your muscles to work as effeciently as possible. Your pelvis has many muscles that attach to it and it takes a lot of punishment from our work, sports and accidents. Subtle asymmetries can create lasting painful problems. Common assymetries are an upslip and/or a torsion. This is where one half of the pelvis shifts up or rotates forward or backward relative to the other side. It can happen in varying degrees, from a subtle muscle imbalance to a severe accident ramming one bone out of place."

And many others...
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You may have success in improving your lordosis by doing a major core strengthening program. pilates would be really good for this. If you strengthen the muscles on the front of the spine and stretch the muscles on the back side, you will have a pulling in effect on your abdominal side, thus decreasing the lordisis. Also, when you are standing whenever you can remember to do so, concentrate on your posture. Imagine rolling your pubic bone forward by about 3 inches. Keep your abs tight and your back as flat as possible.
|
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...