I just wanted to write this to say to anyone considering this method of terminating a pregnancy not to be afraid. Last week I was waiting to have this done, and was browsing the internet, I read several postings that almost scared me to death. During the week of waiting to have this done (I am 40 and due to circumstances in my life, another baby would be a total disaster) I cried, fretted and lost many hours sleep over what would happen. I went to the hospital on Wednesday and was given a tablet to take orally (mifepristone I think it was called). I was to go back on Friday to have the second part done, where I would stay in hospital for 6-8hours. I was fine all Wednesday, got up on Thursday and suddently had a gush of blood, which tailed off over the day. I did however develop nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, however on reflection, I feel this may have been a combination of the pregnancy, the tablet and my acute anxiety. I went to the hospital in Friday, afraid and tearful. They inserted pressaries and warned me to lie flat for a n hour, they also gave me diclofenac for the anticipated pain. About an hour later, I began to get some cramps (very similar to contractions I had when in labour but much less severe and easily coped with). This lasted for about 20 mins then I felt a popping sensation and started to bleed. The nurse brought me the commode and I never once looked in, on her advice as a foetus is recognizable from 6 weeks gestation apparently. This bleeding was moderate, full of clots and lasted for about 3 hours then just became likie a normal period. The whole experience was not as bad as i had anticipated and I just want to reassure anyone undergoing this procedure, please dont be afraid. It will be ok. Dont look at what you pass, and DONT do it alone, if u can stay in the clinic or hospital,then do so. Also I got pregnant with a coil in situ, so anyone with a coil,get it out and get onto the pill or something more reliable.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
A COIL is very very reliable.

I WORK in womens health.

I used one for years, and I loved it. I know women who use them for 10 years without any problems.

EVEN birth control pills are not 100%

I am glad you had a positive abortion experience. I had surgical aboriton, so I felt no pain, and did not bleed much at all.
|

replied December 7th, 2007
Try Again?
Dear Cairifairy,
I used 8 100 mg last night. Serious cramping(not as much as I expected) some bleeding, but it stopped. I'm certain I did not pass enough tissue to have aborted, only a few very small clots. Can I try again? How long should I wait? I live in an area where I can.t get to an abortion clinic although they are legal. Is there some way I can get the other pill? would it even help? I am distraught, but determined, I can't manage a baby right now. Thanks so much for any help you can give.
|