I am inquiring for a friend that has such thick callous' on his hands that even using a keyboard is difficult. He has had this since birth and he is at his wits end because it is effecting his chances of getting jobs. He has tried everything. He even soaked his hands in lotion and when to bed in gloves only to find that the calluses had turned green and nasty by morning. I have seen him file them off on monday and there would be a 1/16th of an inch of callous on his palms on friday.
He is in constant pain from the callus's on his feet but he walks miles each day just to find a job. He has had them removed and like the ones on his hands, they grow right back.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
spitfyre
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 9th, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Hyperkeratosis
The thickening and hardening of the skin of palms and soles can be controlled with usage of homoeopathic medicine. Remedies like thuja, sulph, medorrhinum, antim crud, ranunculus bulb and hypericum help in slowing the progression of the skin into thickened areas.
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied April 9th, 2004
Hypereratosis
Thanks, there is an herbal store here in kc that might carry those items. I may even front him the money for them.
Spitfyre
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Shafi Ullah Khan
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....