Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

dog rescue? money? off topic random title? (Page 1)

User Profile
i did and it didnt really matter to me. and yes school does mean alot. maybe not to you, but to other people yes it does. To my its my first priority and i wud never ever purposely have a child right now.
Andi dont believe you can make good money from rescuing, its a hard job and u cant do it all your life. I dont think u want to be like 45 and stil rescuing honestly. And its not even about jobs its about education and intelegence. I dont know what kind of school you have but here in Illinois no one would ever say that to a kid that wants to go to school. No child left behind?
I think u have a bit of surreal view on the world, SCHOOL IS VERY IMPORTANT. and saying that school is crap is just ignorant.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
blondie_e wrote:
i did and it didnt really matter to me. and yes school does mean alot. maybe not to you, but to other people yes it does. To my its my first priority and i wud never ever purposely have a child right now.
Andi dont believe you can make good money from rescuing, its a hard job and u cant do it all your life. I dont think u want to be like 45 and stil rescuing honestly. And its not even about jobs its about education and intelegence. I dont know what kind of school you have but here in Illinois no one would ever say that to a kid that wants to go to school. No child left behind?
I think u have a bit of surreal view on the world, SCHOOL IS VERY IMPORTANT. and saying that school is crap is just ignorant.


i dont think its ignorant at all
i think its my opinion thankyouverymuch

and yes i DO want to do rescue for my whole life
its very rewarding to know youre doing something you love
and at the same time saveing lives of animals that need help
i can do it all my life and i will if i want too

again
thankyouoverymuch
Rolling Eyes
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 31st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
girlfriend wrote:
Quote:

yeah 2 thousaned isnt enough
but thats not even full potential
thats working on MY time when I want too
so i could do it full time and do great if i wanted

i think ive got my life pretty much together
my childs going to have it better than most kids do out there. school doesnt mean crap anymore. at all.
they didnt teach me one god bless thing i needed to know for real life

they didnt care one single bit about me. infact last words from my principles mouth was i was w waste of their time. because i wasnt at school for 2 weeks. and when i tried to go back they said i was too far behind
and basically told me to give up
but OH WAIT when TAKS testing time rolled around they called me wanting me to come take the test? why/? because they would get MONEY from the gov for it
and better "school rateings"

marriage doesnt have anything to do with haveing a stable relationship at all
lots of kids grow up wiith divorced parents



First of all, I am very sorry that your school treated you that way. I can't believe they kicked you out for missing two weeks. You were sick, right? You had a doctor's note obviously, right?

How do you make money rescuing? What does your boyfriend do for work? How will you support your own household?

Why don't you want to get married?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 31st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
futureshock wrote:
girlfriend wrote:
Quote:

yeah 2 thousaned isnt enough
but thats not even full potential
thats working on MY time when I want too
so i could do it full time and do great if i wanted

i think ive got my life pretty much together
my childs going to have it better than most kids do out there. school doesnt mean crap anymore. at all.
they didnt teach me one god bless thing i needed to know for real life

they didnt care one single bit about me. infact last words from my principles mouth was i was w waste of their time. because i wasnt at school for 2 weeks. and when i tried to go back they said i was too far behind
and basically told me to give up
but OH WAIT when TAKS testing time rolled around they called me wanting me to come take the test? why/? because they would get MONEY from the gov for it
and better "school rateings"

marriage doesnt have anything to do with haveing a stable relationship at all
lots of kids grow up wiith divorced parents



First of all, I am very sorry that your school treated you that way. I can't believe they kicked you out for missing two weeks. You were sick, right? You had a doctor's note obviously, right?

How do you make money rescuing? What does your boyfriend do for work? How will you support your own household?

Why don't you want to get married?


future we are definetly going to get married but its not the #1 priority right now
theres plenty of time for that. just like there is plenty of time to have kids too
but guess which came first lol

they didnt kick me out. i left on my own. they had me literally sitting in a desk and the teachers would say "m oh take a nap or read a book or something"
they wouldnt let me do makeup hours

yes i had a drs note for the first week
i had scarlet fever.

rescueing you can amke ALOT of money
factors depend on the type or breed of dog,how many rescues you do in a months time, age of the dog,shots already been done,spay/nueter etc. but there is required adoption fees that i get from adopters
also if someone wants to surrender an animal to me they have to pay a $50 fee up front (for already fixed/up to date on shots)
if the pet doesnt have shots,isnt fixed or up to date on vaccines its $75 to have me take them which goes to help cover the cost of shots and such. it cost me about $50-$80 to get all the vet work done for a pet that doesnt have vaccines and needs to be fixed.
and i charge a fee of $75-$200 when the animal is adopted. again it depends on ceratin factors

travis worked at the movies for a whle but he quit. right now he works at home depot
hes got a job offer to be a journeyman electrician starting off at $13 an hour and in a year he will make $17/hr
however theres lots of reasons why he cant take that job right now. it would require moving quite a ways away etc, which i dont want to do with the baby comming so soon

how will we support our own household? well lets just say that for now we are more than fine in the money situation. after the death of a family member i came into some good money
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
the_girlfriend wrote:
rescueing you can amke ALOT of money
factors depend on the type or breed of dog,how many rescues you do in a months time, age of the dog,shots already been done,spay/nueter etc. but there is required adoption fees that i get from adopters
also if someone wants to surrender an animal to me they have to pay a $50 fee up front (for already fixed/up to date on shots)
if the pet doesnt have shots,isnt fixed or up to date on vaccines its $75 to have me take them which goes to help cover the cost of shots and such. it cost me about $50-$80 to get all the vet work done for a pet that doesnt have vaccines and needs to be fixed.
and i charge a fee of $75-$200 when the animal is adopted. again it depends on ceratin factors


I'm sure I'll be attacked for saying this, but I don't think it's very endearing to brag about how much money you make doing animal rescue. I was under the impression that rescuing animals was done purely to make a difference, and that rescuers barely break even or even take losses. I know that I, for one, would rather adopt a dog from the pound and save it from certain death than put $200 in a teenager's hand who brags about going shopping almost every day. I guess it justs disgusts me a bit to think you're profiting from these poor dogs so much that you can go skipping off to the mall on almost a daily basis. This has really put me off getting an animal from a rescue. I think I'll go straight to a shelter next time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I would have also assumed that Animal 'Rescue' was an act of giving. I know a cat rescue place where I got my cat and they take volunteers to come love their kitties. The 'adoption fee' is $60, but your cat comes neutered/spayed and shots. Plus they are marked. The lady who runs the place does not make any money. She does it because it is something she truly believes in and, essentially, has a No Kill shelter for cats who cannot find homes. She works full time at her day job and takes care of the animals afterwards.

Suzy, if you make money from this, I think you may have found a calling. However, ladies - true ladies - do not talk of money Smile Least of all inheritence monies that someone else earned and they were gifted. Shhh.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
AyaMiyaki wrote:
the_girlfriend wrote:
rescueing you can amke ALOT of money
factors depend on the type or breed of dog,how many rescues you do in a months time, age of the dog,shots already been done,spay/nueter etc. but there is required adoption fees that i get from adopters
also if someone wants to surrender an animal to me they have to pay a $50 fee up front (for already fixed/up to date on shots)
if the pet doesnt have shots,isnt fixed or up to date on vaccines its $75 to have me take them which goes to help cover the cost of shots and such. it cost me about $50-$80 to get all the vet work done for a pet that doesnt have vaccines and needs to be fixed.
and i charge a fee of $75-$200 when the animal is adopted. again it depends on ceratin factors


I'm sure I'll be attacked for saying this, but I don't think it's very endearing to brag about how much money you make doing animal rescue. I was under the impression that rescuing animals was done purely to make a difference, and that rescuers barely break even or even take losses. I know that I, for one, would rather adopt a dog from the pound and save it from certain death than put $200 in a teenager's hand who brags about going shopping almost every day. I guess it justs disgusts me a bit to think you're profiting from these poor dogs so much that you can go skipping off to the mall on almost a daily basis. This has really put me off getting an animal from a rescue. I think I'll go straight to a shelter next time.


She is not bragging, I asked her. I think it is a little naive to think people will do something this stressful and time consuming out of the kindness of their heart.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Maybe that makes me naive then. Like I said, I would personally much rather rescue an animal from a kill shelter and pay less money than hand a couple hundred dollars over to a teenager who's just going to run off to the mall. I didn't think that people would profit that much from selling abused and neglected animals. Oh, excuse me, "adopting them out". It sure sounds like selling to me, but meh. I don't think I've ever seen a rescue operator wearing designer labels or talking about shopping every other day.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Rescue workers in my area get $50 to go pick up a dog and they have 2 choices they can take the animal to the shelter or house it themselves and assume all expenses. I guess rescue is big money in other areas of the country.

I guess a rescue worker could have made a fortune after Katrina?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
AyaMiyaki wrote:
Maybe that makes me naive then. Like I said, I would personally much rather rescue an animal from a kill shelter and pay less money than hand a couple hundred dollars over to a teenager who's just going to run off to the mall. I didn't think that people would profit that much from selling abused and neglected animals. Oh, excuse me, "adopting them out". It sure sounds like selling to me, but meh. I don't think I've ever seen a rescue operator wearing designer labels or talking about shopping every other day.


excuse me laura but i get dogs mostly from high kill shelters such as town lake animal shelter or killeen animal shelter
it cost 80 to pull them

and i shop and wear what i wear because i have the money to do so

as long as im going what i want and what i need to do i dont see the big deal
i take pride in everything i do for those poor animals
do you know how much rescue places charge to adopt from? $200 sometimes even more
check out austin german shepard rescue
wee rescue
blue dog rescue
lucky mutts rescue
or a few other austin or central area texas rescues and look at thier adoption fees
and upon me adopting a dog out they get a FREE vet visit,heart worm preventatvie meds,flea meds.

and yes i sure do make some money off of it
its good money and its a good job

and im damn proud of it
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Mommy35 wrote:
Rescue workers in my area get $50 to go pick up a dog and they have 2 choices they can take the animal to the shelter or house it themselves and assume all expenses. I guess rescue is big money in other areas of the country.

I guess a rescue worker could have made a fortune after Katrina?

yes actually after katrina there was 80 dogs and puppies sent to the aspca here
they offered all rescues to pull and fosters to house them for free. they took care of all of the shots,spay/nueter etc and fosters and local groups took them in and found them homes
in this case,youo get a free dog with all the vet care paid and taken care of
and then when someone adopts it from you you take 50% of the fee and give it to the aspca and the rest is yours.

several shelters such as houston BARC and TLAC here do thhis when they are full. they ask people to help pull from them to make space
ive done it several times

or there are people whom dont want thier dogs that are going to take them to the shelter. instead i offer to take them and find them homes. its better than them going to a shelter
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Ingi wrote:
I would have also assumed that Animal 'Rescue' was an act of giving. I know a cat rescue place where I got my cat and they take volunteers to come love their kitties. The 'adoption fee' is $60, but your cat comes neutered/spayed and shots. Plus they are marked. The lady who runs the place does not make any money. She does it because it is something she truly believes in and, essentially, has a No Kill shelter for cats who cannot find homes. She works full time at her day job and takes care of the animals afterwards.

Suzy, if you make money from this, I think you may have found a calling. However, ladies - true ladies - do not talk of money Smile Least of all inheritence monies that someone else earned and they were gifted. Shhh.


the only reason WHY i brought up the money situation in this thread was because blondie_e had something to say about it and i just wanted her to know that yes you can do rescue and make good money from it as well.
its not all about money all the time and i dont see whats the big deal about money
its stupid
the word is ruled by a piece of paper?
so because i like to go to the mall and because i like to go shopping means im a bad person and people (not saying names) can run thier mouths about it? is it a bad thing to be able to do this stuff? so because ive got the money to spend on things that I like is a bad thing i guess?
or maybe people dont get why i like to shop or go to the mall so much?

i dont get it
someone please explain
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Suzy, read whatever you want into what I said. I didn't stutter. I would NOT pay a teenaged girl $200 for a puppy if I knew she was going to go running off to the mall with my money instead of, oh I don't know, paying vet bills or using the money to rescue another dog. If I wanted to BUY a dog from someone and have them blow my money on whatever, I'd go to a breeder. About the only difference between you and a breeder is that, instead of creating the dogs yourself, you get them from whoever. You're still selling them for a profit, and don't pretend you don't brag about the things you buy with that profit. No, money isn't evil and having money doesn't make you a bad person, but BRAGGING about HAVING MONEY is NOT ATTRACTIVE. Maybe one day when you're grown and living in the real world, you'll understand.

Like I said before, I would much rather go to a kill shelter and save a dog and bring it to my own vet, then hand over a couple hundred dollars to a little girl holding a Prada bag.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
umm where did i ever say all the dogs i get cost $200 to adopt them from me? anywhere? no
UP TO 200 yes
in certain cases
and alot of the money does go to another rescue
shots- do you know what shots cost? about $25...fixing the pet about $30
depends
some of the animals come fixed or UTD on shots
and im not the only person with ALL BREED rescue
we have several fosters and work with a network of adoption agencies in austin and the surrounding area

another reason why people here dont adopt from kill shelters

in austin
you MUST OWN your home
you must not have children under 5 yrs old if adopting from a kill shelter or have children in your future
you must go through counceling sessions
reference checks
take pet classes at the local austin dog alliance

they make you run through loops just to adopt
the process takes anywhere from 3-10 days
thats why so many epopel dont even bother
alot of kill shelters TURN DOWN adopters for reasons like renting a home or something
its rediculous and thats the main reason why austin is such an over pet run city

i am no where near what a breeder is and dont you ever say that
breeders do NOT get thier dogs or puppies fixed
thats one of the first things i do
breeders only do purebreds
i DO EVERY breed of dog that needs help that comes my way
breeders create to the huge over population problem. i dont and i never will.
if someone comes to me and says i have a litter of 6 week old puppies that i am going to take to the shelter because i cant keep them anymore then your damn right id take them before they went to a place like town lake or killee. because if they ended up there the chances of them being adopted are so slim its not funny
i dont know what places are like where you live,how rescue and shelters work there but here its rediculous and horrible and many people stay away from the shelters. lots of adopted dogs from kill shletrs have diseases and health problems,agression problmes and plus the fact they make you do a million tricks before you can adopt

thats how it is here

the money i "run off to the mall with" is MY money that I have to spend
reguardless of if i get t from a adoption or out of my account or from my parents.
i dont live with my mom
she still gives me money though
just like she would if i lived there
i still get a child support check from my dad every month
ive got my own money and it doesnt matter how i get it or what i spend it on as long as this baby gets everything she needs and wants. if i want a purse im going to gt it
reguardless of if its from walmart or wherever else
im not materialistic and i buy what i like
im not all about name brands
i dont worship them
ive got some nice stuff and ive got some stuff from savers and walmart and consignment stores
i go to the dollar store too
i shop at big lots
and i go to the mall
it depends on where i see what i like or what id like to buy

i dont brag about the money ive got and if i do then im sorry i had no idea i have been bragging about it
in school i tried to stay away from all the "rich girl" labeling because i dont want people to see me as a rich person
thats not who i am
i could care less about money and id be just as happy if i didnt have what i do have
i didnt even like people comming to my house when i was in school. because i didnt want to be the person that gets taken advantae of for what ive got and not who i am.
i grew up just like everyone else and im just like every other person
i have divorced parents
i grew up arounds lots of fighting
im not perfect and i certainly dont want to ever be thought of as a brat with money

thats not why i like to shop at the mall
thats not why i like my prada purse that travis bought me
thats not why i wear some of the things i do
i do it because thats me
laura im not the type to brag or drag around about what i have
if i have done that im sorry
but please dont label me as someone like that because thats not wo i am and i hate that more than anything
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ok wow sorry that was way too long
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
AyaMiyaki wrote:
No, money isn't evil and having money doesn't make you a bad person, but BRAGGING about HAVING MONEY is NOT ATTRACTIVE. Maybe one day when you're grown and living in the real world, you'll understand.

Like I said before, I would much rather go to a kill shelter and save a dog and bring it to my own vet, then hand over a couple hundred dollars to a little girl holding a Prada bag.


yeah Confused

it all boils down to priorities.
i walked around for the longest time in my maternity clothes when i wasnt pregnant.. because even though Rob made good money, i spent all the extra money we had on my kids, making sure i had things to last incase something happened, like rob lose his job, or something disasterous like a tornado or fire wipes everything out.

U need to stop wanting to go shopping and spend money on urself, Suzy. its not right. The money u have in the bank wont last forever and lol im sorry but the $10 an hour Travis is making at HOME DEPOT isnt going to support ur expensive habits.

And FYI.. im sorry to burst ur bubble.. but people dont get a $4 an hour raise after a year even if they pissed GOLD. If he told u that hes LYING.

Welcome to reality, may i help u?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well you have done that, and many people have noticed. You've mentioned repeatedly how well off your family is, Travis' family is, what a great place you live in, how you're always at the mall buying whatever, how your relative died and left you money and how you're going to get more when another relative dies... you even made a thread saying how you got $400 in just a few hours work and wow wasn't it fantastic.

A big reason why breeders don't spay/neuter their animals is because they're trying to sell show dogs. You can't show a dog if it's not intact. And like I said, you're selling these dogs/puppies/whatever at a profit, just like a breeder would. And the reason kill shelters ask for HOME-OWNERS is because a lot of landlords aren't cool with pets, and the family will turn around and dump the pet right back into a shelter. Did that ever occur to you?

I'm not saying you shopping at the mall is terrible... but it gets old to read about it every single day. You're living in your boyfriend's mother's house, you don't pay for anything for yourself really, and you're wasting all this money and BRAGGING about it to a group of mothers who, quite frankly, are doing it all on their own and struggling to make ends meet. I won't even go into your sarcastic "fatty" remarks about being 120 pounds or whatever it is you weigh when a lot of the mothers on this forum are sensitive about THEIR weight.

And if you're not spending "all this money" you're earning from running a shelter (out of your boyfriend's mother's house), you must be eating your savings account (from your dead relative) something fierce with all this shopping you claim to do.

Between a teenaged girl with enough money to have designer clothes and bags and live in a gated community, and the lady Ingi knows who's barely breaking even... who do you think people would WANT to adopt from? I'm just brave enough to say it aloud.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
well i think as long as im doing what i need to do for myself and for my kid then whatever

i guess i wont post anymore about anything that has to do with shopping or anything if its that bad i didnt know it offended anybody


yes one of my relitives died and left some money
i dont know why thats MY fault?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
momentarily locked.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Ugh I had a huge reply all typed up and it went poof. I'll have to type it again.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...