Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

Im Also Inlove With My Cousin.

hey
i just need some advice on what to do.
ever since i was young i`ve had on huge crush on my cousin(my mothers`cousins` son) his dad is my cousin too,me and my mom.so anyway its not like i wanna marry him,or have his baby or nothing stupid like that.i just love to bother him,go places with him,just hang with him.he has two little brothers and one little sister(they are my cousins too).me and sister use to play together all the time,and i told her that i liked her brother when we were little.but she didnt think much of it ,because she liked our other cousin.and she use to think that i was just kidding ,because he told her that i was his favorite cousin.sometimes she would get jealous cause i wanted to play with him more than her.i was like 6 or 7 then now im 16 yrs.old and i still think that he is the hottest thing on the planet.like we dont hang out as much any more he got his lyf and i got mine.but we see each other on family days.when i see him,ill give him a hug.ever since i was little i have did nothing but want to be around him now it`s 8-9 yrs. later and nothing has change...
im i crazy or what???? help me (ps i still have a major crush on him)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ok so youre a joke poster right? because now your posts dont add up at all

gotcha
|

no dont get me wrong all my other post are true,its just that this has been something that has been in the back of my mind for a long time but never really brought it out,i just thought that i`d finally seek some advice on what to do.i have a boyfriend and all the other stuff i said is true to.
|

Especially eHealthy
then stay away from your cousin

thats gross
|

User Profile
Supporter
Yeah please stay away from him. I don't see how you can be attracted to your cousin! Werid...crushing on your cousin!
|

you are say that`s gross. but look at it like this he is just a regular attractive male who jus happens to be in my family.i just think that hes cute thats all i dont wanna marry him.you are sayin thats gross like i said i wanted to have sex with him or something.i just think that he`s cute.
|

Especially eHealthy
ahh well
family members are family members

there are lots of cute boys for you out there who arent your cousin

your post says your IN LOVE WITH him
|

i feel like im in love with,but the reason i said inlove with him is because i think he`s really really cute.if i think that he`s cute doesnt that mean im inlove with him??
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Uh no. I see plenty of cute guys, some I even have a hard time forming a sentence around. Very Happy

But I LOVE my boyfriend. They are very different.
Just because you think a guy is attractive does not mean you love them.

As you said, your cousin has his life, and you have yours. Romantically, you should do what it takes to keep them apart. You're just going to have to settle for the second hottest guy on the planet.

All assuming this wasn't a joke post of course?
|

no it wasnt,but i guess im not really inlove with him if you said just because you think so one is hot doesnt mean your inlove with them
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Well it sounds like you already love your boyfriend who shows you no respect. It's better to give the whole story in one post so people don't have to dig around and try and piece together the truth. Not that you're lying but sometimes omitting things makes it seem that way you know?

My advice for both posts: Find a new guy to devote you time, effort, and love to. Because both these guys are either off limits or not worth it.
|

Especially eHealthy
My advise is not to have a guy at all. Girls always think guys are the key. They aren't. There is so much more to life than 'devoting' yourself to a guy! So much more.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Whoops.
That is much better advice than what I wrote.
It's weird, that used to be my motto to my friends and not once have I mentioned that to anyone on here yet.
Having a boyfriend has certainly changed my perspectives on things.. and here I thought I was growing up! Very Happy
|

Especially eHealthy
Maddie34 wrote:
Whoops.
That is much better advice than what I wrote.
It's weird, that used to be my motto to my friends and not once have I mentioned that to anyone on here yet.
Having a boyfriend has certainly changed my perspectives on things.. and here I thought I was growing up! Very Happy

Having a great relationship DOES change your perspective Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hehe It took me awhile to decide if I liked the change. Its really not how I'm used to thinking... Good lord I just told a 16 year old girl, whose name fits her well by the way, to go out and look for boyfriend! I'm loosing my mind...

But you're right. I think I'm just startled the change happened fast and I didn't even realize it until now. And I really wasn’t planning on having any revelations in a post about er… cousin love. haha

For an airhead, Ingi you give excellent advice Very Happy
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Ingi wrote:
My advise is not to have a guy at all. Girls always think guys are the key. They aren't. There is so much more to life than 'devoting' yourself to a guy! So much more.

GASP Ingi, I'm not your friend anymore. You're an airhead as of now. Guys are the key, there is nothing more to life then devoting to a man (except if you are a man). The existence of women is merely and wholly for the man's whim.

.......................................... ........................
.......................................... ..........................
.......................................... ...........................
.......................................... ............................
.......................................... ..............................
.......................................... ...............................
.......................................... .................................
SILENCE IN THE ROOM
.......................................... .................................
.......................................... ................................
.......................................... ..............................
.......................................... ...........................
.......................................... .....................
.......................................... ...................
.......................................... .................
CRICKET CRICKET
.......................................... .................
.......................................... ..................
.......................................... ....................
.......................................... ......................
.......................................... .........................
.......................................... ............................

Hahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I wanted to just leave it at that and see how people would react, but I chickened out because women are scary folk so I had to post down here. Just teasing, everybody! Lets not kill the 19 year old, he has much to do in his life.

Well maddie and Ingi, I agree, people shouldn't stress so much about getting a guy/girl and all, particularly at that age. But considering her infatuations with her boyfriend and her cousin, to the extent where she desires to conceive a child at the age of 16 (am i even talking about the right person anymore??). I doubt "lets cut off from guys completely and go for the single life for the time being" is in anywhere in her mind.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Mikolas wrote:
am i even talking about the right person anymore??

Who knows, I keep getting everyone's stories messed up too. Thats why I told her to just say everything in one post. It'd be SOO much easier.

And no being single is clearly not on her mind. It never seems to be on very many teenagers mind. My friends were really freaky about it, like a boyfriend was a requirement. I thought it was a little goofy, which is yet another reason I was alttile annoyed I seem to have adopted the way of thinking...
|

Especially eHealthy
very confused

if you think just because hes cute
then that means you love him.....

then you dont know what the heck love is
|

replied December 3rd, 2007
oh i know what love is little missy.....
|

replied April 9th, 2010
I dont know about everyone else, but this seems relatively normal to me. I would undoubtedly question outright sexual attraction to related people, but it sounds to me like you just enjoy his presence and can respect his beauty and there is nothing wrong with that. The basis of many children's understanding of those emotions begins with understanding the love & affectin of and relationship with their parents. I remember not really understanding and asking my mom to marry me when I was 4-5 years old. This would seem sick to some people, but my mom thought it was funny and I do too. So you like spending time with your cousin more than you enjoy spending time with other people. I definitely dont think that you need to stay away from him. Maybe you should just analyze your feelings to determine the nature. If you find that the nature of your attraction is based in personality and in the things that you all do together youre all good. If you come to find that your attraction is very physical, maybe you should step back and take a look. Im not in anyway supporting incest, but royal familys inter married a lot, even when love or attraction wasnt a motivating factor. Healthy social relationships, I believe, are necessary and sometimes hard to come by. So therein I think that you shouldnt just stop the relationship all together, just be careful and aware, and always do what makes you happy.
|