so i'm pretty sure im not pregnant for all you ppl that did give me advice thank you alot.. like the_girlfreind and ingi.. thank's alot. i'm not a 100% sure but i'm like 90% sure lol just wanted to update you on everything. Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
aww hun

im glad you updated us
so did you test or what?

stick around and we hope that you will still be apart of the forums!!!!!!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
i did test and they both came back negative but i did have my period. it was way earlier than it should have been and it was also not like it usually is that's why im not totally ruling out the possibility. lol and i will stick around i like reading what so ppl experience and how they deal with it. i learn alot from these forums although i have no experience to tell anyone anything like you guys do i do like learning new things... lol i have a question... it might sound stupid but ive been wondering for a while what is TTC?
|

Especially eHealthy
ahh you should post on here too! everyone has expieriences with life no matter what they are
i bounce around all the forums if i can and try and help wherever someone needs it!

you can learn alot by reading for sure but you'd be suprised how much you learn about yourself and how much knowledge you can take with you in everyday life by reaserching and posting for people who have questions Smile

TTC means trying to concieve

or in other words trying to have a baby
lol at first when i came on here i didnt know what it meant either!!!!!!!
|

lol that makes me feel so much better!!! I was actually really excited when i though i was pregnant because i love babys and kids and it being my own would make it all that much better.. and like the only thing i want to do in life is have my own children lol idk if that sounds weird to you but i don't want to go to college because it's not gonna help me with what i want to do.. Oh well maybe next time lol haha.
|

Especially eHealthy
yeah i know what you meen

maybe you could look into trade school or something instead of a big college? what do you want to be?

im going to get my vet tech degree at a trade school but thats it

you will have children eventually Smile they are wonderful gifts but a handful at the same time Smile
|

replied November 6th, 2007
lol i dunno what i want to be... nothing even sounds good to me. we have a community college here in my home town but im not so sure i want to do it. my whole goal now is just to get out of here and go somewhere else. lol what are you having and when is your due date?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Since you like kids so much, have you thought about possible carreers involving them? Maybe you can work in/run a daycare or a preschool. You can be a teacher. If you like psychology, maybe be a child psychologist. That involves a lot of school, though. You said that being a parent is all you really want. You can even be a nanny. I don't know if it's just because I live in NYC so the pay is good here, but I am a nanny, and I get paid more than my boyfriend and he has a college degree! It is also a very rewarding job.
|

i do love kids.... i have thought about the careers involving them but there is just so many and i can't just focus in on one of them. and the schooling is a problem to because i can't afford college i am just really not sure what to do about all of this lol. i thank you so much for trying to help me. here where i live you don't get high paying jobs unless you work at a refinery and i refuse to work at one. i just don't know...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
From your profile, I see that you are only 17. That still gives you a lot of time to think about what you want to be. Average people change their career/jobs many times before they find one that suits them. Affording college is a problem for tons of people. If you really do want to go, there are many scholarships and loans out there to help you out. If you don't, there are still plenty of jobs out there for you. I'm sure as time goes on, you will be able to filter out which jobs you enjoy and which jobs urk you.
|

yes i am 17. i don't really want to go to college to tell you the truth... but every one keeps telling me to go because i'll regret it or whatever... but im not sure that i will because i can't stand school as it is right now so i'm not so sure i want to go to college.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Don't listen to other people. It is true that college does get you a better paying job, but it is your life. If having a job without a college career makes you happy, then go for it. Also, if you ever change your mind, you can always go back to college later in life or even enroll in an online course. Also, it sounds cheesy, but what really helped for me is going to a career counselor. I was completely clueless as to what I wanted to do, and there were 50 things I wanted to be one day, and nothing I wanted to be the next. Going and talking to someone for just a few hours who specializes in it helped me realize what I really wanted in a job, if I really did want/need to go to college or not (I decided to go, but its not the course for everyone), and helped me list the pros and cons in possible jobs. She set me on a course, but didn't force any decisions on me.
|

i'm happy with my life right now and i haven't even graduated high school yet...lol like you i am completely clueless and yes one i would be like i am gonna go to college then the next day i'm just like i'm not going to college... yea i know how it feels lol but i just hate it feeling confused and not knowing what to do at all...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That is true that you haven't even graduated yet. Right now, live life in the moment and enjoy what you have. Go out with friends, finish up school, and enjoy life! However, once you're out of high school, you still have to have some kind of an idea of what you want to do. I wouldn't fret too bad now since you still have time, but perhaps try to keep potential ideas in the back of your head, and maybe try a counselor like I did if you think it'd help. Remember, you can always change if you don't like what you're doing in life. I hope things get easier for you and you start to feel less confused as time goes on.
|

lol well thank you... one question though how would i go about finding a counselor to help me decide? your the first person who has told me about this so i don't really know how to go about it...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You can check the yellow pages under career counseling. Also, try searching here http://www.nbcc.org/. It is a list of certified counselors with degrees, and there is a list of ones aimed towards careers and helping you figure that stuff out. You can locate them by where you live.
|

Especially eHealthy
cassie K wrote:
lol i dunno what i want to be... nothing even sounds good to me. we have a community college here in my home town but im not so sure i want to do it. my whole goal now is just to get out of here and go somewhere else. lol what are you having and when is your due date?

due date december 15th but they expect her to come early Very Happy
|

replied November 7th, 2007
lol thanks sarah i appriciate it and congrates suzy i'm very excited for you!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
cassie K wrote:
lol well thank you... one question though how would i go about finding a counselor to help me decide? your the first person who has told me about this so i don't really know how to go about it...

Don't all schools have guidance counselors? You should check right in your own high school for a guidance counselor. That is who helped me go to college and make decisions like that.

As far as working, what kind of work do your parents do? Do they work at the refinery?
|

Extremely eHealthy
cassie K wrote:
lol that makes me feel so much better!!! I was actually really excited when i though i was pregnant because i love babys and kids and it being my own would make it all that much better.. and like the only thing i want to do in life is have my own children lol idk if that sounds weird to you but i don't want to go to college because it's not gonna help me with what i want to do.. Oh well maybe next time lol haha.

cassie K wrote:

Having a baby is not a career choice. You need a way to pay for everything. The reason people go to college (which is way more fun than high school, and most people can afford some form of college) is that they get better jobs than people who don't, for the most part.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...