Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Mysterious Cuts Appear after Sleeping - possible causes? (Page 1)

I hope this is the category since it occurs on the skin. My mom periodically finds these pretty deep cuts, on her left leg when she wakes up in the mornings and doesn't know how she gets them. They aren't there before she goes to sleep, but she wakes up with two or three separate cuts. They are usually long and look as if she got cut on a piece of wire. We have looked all around her bed and surrounding areas, but see no sources. We have also recently moved to a new house, but she still gets them. She thought maybe she scratched her leg with her toes on the other foot, but after cutting her toe nails to a really low point, she still got them. They also have recently appeared on her other leg.

Does anybody happen to know about this? Has this happened to anyone else?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper young Girl
|

replied November 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ill pm you
|

replied November 1st, 2007
Experienced User
ok, thanks
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I sometimes wake up with scratches on my face without knowing what happened... Question I tend to think it's my fingernails.

How long are these scratches?

Have you considered some paranormal phenomenon going on???
|

Especially eHealthy
this used to happen to my sister

ghosts

im not kidding
|

Experienced User
ghosts?

BTW, you never PMed me...... Smile
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
That was my thought, too. ... but you've moved to a new house, so there's some energy that might be coming with you. How often does this happen?
|

replied November 8th, 2007
Experienced User
the cuts are from just below the back of her knee down to her ankle. Mom recently said they aren't happening as often and she was hoping they were caused by her toenails.... but I don't know. My nails are a little long and don't do that.
|

Especially eHealthy
lol sorry i totally forgot to pm you

i just didnt want to freak you out by saying that its a possibility that a paranormal being is doing this to you in your sleep

it happened to my sister 2 yrs ago
she would wake up atleast 2 times a week with scrtatches that looked like cat scratches? and so after about 3 weeks of it ongoing my mom called in a psycic that shes good friends with. she said there was negative energy specificly in that room and the basement.

after my sister started sleeping in the guest room it never hapened again.
|

replied March 12th, 2013
i am replying to young girl
(we have a trailer my dad dug a basement)the entrance to the bacement is in the my room.i got some cuts and got worse every night so then one night it got so bad that i felt like i stabed myself then i called a psycic and she said that there was a lot of negative energy comeing from the bacement and then i slept in the liveing room and i never got one agian....... i went out of town and i told a freind he could stay at my house and keep an eye on things he said that he was in th liveing room on my computer and heard like something was going through my stuff then he heard something though fuzz on the radio and it said "get out" can anyone help me please.
|

Experienced User
freaky. These look just like cat scratches, but we don't have any cats.

And I was just kidding about the email.... I figured you probably forgot. No biggie.
|

Especially eHealthy
godzgrl4evr wrote:
freaky. These look just like cat scratches, but we don't have any cats.

And I was just kidding about the email.... I figured you probably forgot. No biggie.

lol thats what my sisters looked like! but we didnt have a cat!
|

replied December 22nd, 2007
No such thing as ghosts...its obviously something eles
Place a webcam/video camera infront of your mother when she sleeps.
|

replied March 21st, 2009
mysterious cuts
It's a parasite. But no one will listen to you, believe me. Vermox [mebendazole] 2 pills 2x daily for 3 days should help.
|

replied April 8th, 2009
this is weird cause I have the same cat-like scratches and I don't have a
cat either and I have lived in the same house for 5 years and I have been getting them every night for the past month.
|

replied July 3rd, 2009
this just started happening to me, vaguely remember it happening when i was younger this time was much worse. googled "Cat like scratches in sleep" and found this thread. We don't own any cats either.

cuts in pairs across stomach, chest and in left armpit, all quite deep and narrow. Haven't been caught sleep walking since i was 8, sleep alone. Fingernails all cut very short and bedding doublechecked.
|

replied August 12th, 2009
I remember reading about this--a woman had sleep apnea/sleepwalking and did things during the night that she wouldn't remember doing the next morning. For instance, your mother could have climbed out of bed and cut herself while she was sleeping (maybe grabbed a kitchen knife.)

I agree with "mcjames", too--about the parasite.
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2010
sleepwalkers nightmare
i used to sleepwalk when i was very young 2-5 years old and hit my brother. after that i completely stopped i think... i also used to sleeptalk and i still sometimes today. and i used to sleep in the basement sometimes because its cold and its very much designed as a bedroom, but i once was inbetween sleep and wake when i heard someone or something scratching my pillow next to my bed, and i didn't wake up or see anything with my eyes but i heard the sound right next to my ears. i thought i was a dream, later i started seeing spiders and snakes, and finally a huge white boa constructor. after that i started sleeping upstairs, i remember spotting these long wire or cat cuts for almost 5 years now, i'm not sure why i'm the only one in the family getting these strange pairs of wire cuts, i never thought much of them but they're in places i can't even reach, like my back or on my arms and legs where i wouldn't scratch in that way if my skin itched.. all my marks are horizontal, side to side like they're trying to circle my arms and legs or neck or back. i also have been having violent dark and bloody nightmares for at least 4-5 years now. demons and vampires, bloody rooms and lots of moving or dead corpses.

its really scary and if its a parasite what kind of parasite is it? is this related to sleepwalkers or people who believe in superstitions or don't believe in religion? are we physically, mentally, or emotionally fragile or damaged that we are reduced to react in our sleep in this manner? does this happen to more men or women? or are we just disturbed and psycho.
|

replied October 15th, 2010
Scratches
These are negative energies that are somehow attracted to you. There is some sort of attachment and you will need to find out what they want and why they are scratching you.
|

replied October 16th, 2010
Spiritual Freedom
Usually the only way to find out what the evil spirits want is to go to a group that specializes in exorcisms. They are able to call up the demon/ or demons in Jesus Christs name and ask why they are attached to you and then they can find a way to get it out. Bob Larson in the Spiritual Freedom Church can help you.
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2010
Experienced User
Well the only time ive ever heard of this happening with no explanation was in movies like the exorcist... personally i dont believe in god or the devil.. but this stuff still freaks me out
|