Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Echocardiography Results - ejection fraction + heart disease

The results of my most recent echocardiography after aortic valve replacement indicated the following; Abnormal diastolic left ventricular function, Aortic insufficiency of the bioprosthetic valve, Mild tricuspid regurgitation, Left ventricular hypertrophy, Moderate hypokinese of the anterior septal wall, and an ejection fraction of 65% which I'm being told would indicate a much less sever condition. What does all this mean as far as heart disease and with a tissue aortic valve replacement in 2005 will the ejection fraction decrease with the age of the valve? Also I have been placed on Toprol XL 50mg., does this medication have any affect on the ejection fraction?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....