Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Juvenile osteoporosis patient developing stiff joints

Hi everyone,

My sister WAS a juvenile osteoporosis patient. She has grown out of it and her doctor has said that her bone density is in the healthy range. Just about a week ago, she began complaining about lower back-ache, stiff joints, etc. She has been doing more rigorous exercise recently. We saw her osteoporosis doctor today and he says her problems are not bone-related. He has told her she must see a rheumatologist and a neurologist. She basically cannot walk - she experiences no pain when she does walk, but her joints are very stiff, upto the point where it is difficult for her to keep her toes flat, etc. What is happening? I have been researching various types of arthritis. However, artritis involves pain and she has no pain whatsoever.

I am very worried. When the doctor said she had to see a neurologist as well, I got very worried and jumped to conclusions. Please give me advice and tell me what you think it is.

Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
What is happening in her toes? Are they curling inward? Please explain a little more... what are some other symptoms?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....