Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Symptoms of sickness or allergic reaction ? swelling + itchy

I'm trying to figure out what she has. I don't know if it is a sickness or a allergic reaction or something. She is 4 years old and her symptoms are swelling, pain, and redness. She has swelling on her feet which she says hurts, some swelling on her lower body(bottom and stomach region). She has some swelling red areas on her arms. At first she said this was itchy and then said it hurt and it was swelling. Her legs are a little swollen too. I really don't know what this is, and I tried calling a doctor and they were closed. If you could tell me what this sounds like I'll really appreciate it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Did she consume some food before this happened?
Is she prone to allergic reactions?
Does she has red rush or the areas are full covered with redness?
|

replied August 5th, 2009
i had that kind of itchy all the time. it usually the bug bites. it will be itchy the first hours but after we scratch the bump it will be really hurt and the bump will grow bigger and bigger.the color of the bump will become darker as it grows bigger or swollen.

first time it gets itchy DO NOT SCRATCH IT because as i said before if we scratch the bump it just make the bump feel more itchy, hurt and swollen.
|
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....