Hi guys. Im currently 18. and i think i messed up on my first pack of birth control ever. i talked to my friend about taking it . and i was anxious to get started on it, so i asked her (not a doctor cuz im retarded) when i can start taking it .. im taking necon777 or whatever its called. and i started a week before my period ( i dont know why i just didnt wait). but i was wondering if taking it before my period was bad , but if not how is it going to effect me and my period. because im in a predicament. I heard that BC pushes back your period in a kinda way. like what ive been reading you dont start them till the green pills... and im far away from those as of now . but im supposed to start my period either soon or sometime this week... ( so if its ok that i started the pill early. and not on my period) will it still come or will it be like postponed till the green pills..... im srry this thread doesnt make no sense but im worried because im in this situation that before i started the pills i had sex and there was no protection. but he pulled out. but im still worried about the pre cum. i know that you can still possibly get pregnant from that ..) grrr someone please help. if you cant understand this just message me and ill be more then glad to talk to you and give you a better summary of my issue here... thanks in advance guys.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 29th, 2007
usually you are supposed to start your first active pill either within the first 24 hours of your period OR the first sunday AFTER your period starts, even if you are still bleeding. i think you will be okay your period might be just a little irregular but if your really worried about it you can call planned parenthood or your doctor and just ask them. most of the people you call and talk to about that stuff are really nice and really helpful and dont judge you. ive been in the same situation when i started a couple years ago. about the maybe prego thing: birth control does NOT protect you from stds. and pulling out is really not one of the safest ways to go about keeping from getting pregnant.. my advice is to use additional protection besides the birthcontrol, ie condoms. and go to a clinic and take a pregnancy test or a home pregnancy test just to make sure.
hope this helps, sorry so long. :]
|

replied October 29th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: I Think I Messed Up
aclippedbirdm wrote:
[...]i started a week before my period ( i dont know why i just didnt wait). but i was wondering if taking it before my period was bad , but if not how is it going to effect me and my period.

You're fine. I hope you used protection for that first week, but other than that it's perfectly healthy to start the pills that way. No harm done.

Quote:
[...]I heard that BC pushes back your period in a kinda way. like what ive been reading you dont start them till the green pills... and im far away from those as of now .

That's absolutely right. The pills will set your period to a brand new cycle.

Quote:
but im supposed to start my period either soon or sometime this week... ( so if its ok that i started the pill early. and not on my period)

Not any more. You started the pills and they take over your body and control your period. Forget when it was supposed to be due. Now, your period will be due some time during the placebo week. Period Wink

Quote:
will it still come or will it be like postponed till the green pills.....

Number two. You MAY "spot" this month. Spotting is light bloody discharge, usually requiring only a thin pad to absorb it. That is very very normal, so don't worry if it happens.

Quote:
[...]before i started the pills i had sex and there was no protection. but he pulled out. but im still worried about the pre ejaculate. i know that you can still possibly get pregnant from that ..)

Ahh yes, THAT is a problem. Well, what you need to do is wait until 3 weeks after you had unprotected sex, and then take a pregnancy test. It should be accurate by then. If it says negative, then yay! When the green pills come round you should get your period. If you don't, test again. If it is still negative, then you're most definitely not pregnant :3 Pills CAN make women skip their periods, so once you know you're not pregnant, don't worry if it happens as long as you take the pills on time.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...