Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

Little Red Dress... Boyfriend Gets Angry

My parents wedding is coming up and I asked my boyfriend "what colors do you think I should wear for the wedding?"

He said red. Then it hit me. At his moms house there is a pic of him and his babymomma at a ball. He.s wearing black tux and she's wearing a red dress lol when I had first seen the pic I got emotional, but the worst thing was that his lil sister compared me to her and that hurt. It wasn't the lil girls fault so I didn't get mad.

Now I laugh about it cause I glance at it and I say to myself "atleast I look better than her." lol harmless jealous girlfriend feelings lol when he said red I told him how about red and black cause I wouldn't want to wear something similar to what she was wearing. He flew off the hook... He got mad, called me childish and dumb for thinking that way. What hurt was instead of saying something like don't worry baby forget her
you.ll look great he goes and lashes out at me. Do you guys think I did wrong by telling him that I didn't want to wear what she was wearing? I know he.s a guy and wouldn't try to understand how I felt. Cause he.s stubborn anyways. I need a guys point of view too please !!Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Lady....I'm a guy and I don't think I would have cared what color dress you chose. If you asked him, he might not have even thought about the connection of red with his ex. He probably wouldn't have said anything if you'd not mentioned the connection.

That being said, he was a little snippy about it, especially if he knew how you felt about the color and why. I don't think you were childish or dumb just because you didn't want to wear red like her. The worst thing though was his refusing to understand how you felt.

You sure you can handle a guy who treats you with a lack of understanding about your feelings?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Has the topic of your ex came up before? I know both myself and my bf get annoyed when talk about ex's now mostly because we've been up and down that conversation more than enough. Yet at the same time we both can't help teasing eachother once in awhile. Why we do it I haven't a clue.

If you've been over the topic of "the ex" before then he might just be annoyed because he thought you were over it.

I agree with lonestarguy though, he probably wasn't even thinking of his ex.
|

replied October 29th, 2007
Experienced User
Well he lied to me for 4mNths after we got together that he had a kid wit his ex (the one I'm talking about) I had asked him on the first date and he said no. 4mnths later presto!lol he was scared I.d look at him differently after that. Its the first time that's happened to me so it hurt a lot. I.ve gotten over it and I don't care anymore cause that's his kid not mine.

Maybe I did over react but I just didn't wanna wear red and it reminded him of her. And the ex has gotten in our way. Jus a month ago she was sending txt and pictures etc like 2am 3am in the morning lol and It caused some tension between him and I. And it was causing him stress cause she was annoying him constantly. Suddenly it stopped so I guess he told her to cut back a bit.

But over all its been great and last night he didn't say anything..he just extended his arms and held me. I know he doesn't say he.s sorry verbally but he shows it so everything is ok. It doesn't matter what I wear cause he won't be able to make it anyways. He threw that in my face when he got mad that hurt too. But its alrite now.
|