Here's the thing, I want to make my bones smaller. A smaller chest, narrower shoulders, shorter height, everything back to what it was before I hit my growth spurt. I will do anything from eating habits to major state-of-the-art surgery. I've searched the internet relentlessly with little success. I thought about depriving myself of calcium, but people tell me that won't work. Right now i'm 5'8" and sort of big boned.

Please tell me anything I can do to make this happen!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 3rd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
(im guessing your a guy)..Not to disappoint you.. But I don't think you have any chance of that happening!! Why aren't you happy with how you are? Im sure you'd rather look like a man then a little boy. You always have the option of losing weight, but the chance of you making your bones smaller?!?! Nah, I don't think so
|

replied April 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
Bone Size
Mickey, you are what you are, there is no bones about it. Why on earth would you want to be smaller. Be happy with who you are. Wink
|

replied April 10th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. You are built how you are and as far as bones go, you are stuck with it. So, try to be happy with who you are. Each of us is unique and love yourself for it.
|

replied April 15th, 2004
Well, thanks anyway for replying and not saying i'm a freak or anything (most people seem to want to go the other way and get bigger). Yeah, people I ask say I should just be happy with how I am, but my mind is completely bent on this. I see myself as a kid (notice I use the name mikey instead of my formal one), then I look in the mirror and see my size and small hair on my face, and then I get upset. I figure it has to be possible because something causes bones to grow, so it only makes sense that something should be able to reverse all that. I guess i'll just keep looking, but if anyone out there has any ideas pleeeeeeze tell me. Bone saws and steel clamps are not out of the question. I'll try anything.
|

replied April 26th, 2004
Surgery
There is surgery used that crushs the bones and allows them to regrow in a different form but im afraid that you will not qualify for this only people that are seriously ill due to their bones qualify for this very painful and serious surgery!
|

replied April 26th, 2004
Depriving yourself of calcium is not a good idea, itll make your bones/teeth weak and may cause serious damage.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....