Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Is early pregnancy embryo a "baby"? (Page 1)

7 weeks? Are you sure you didn't have a late period? You do realize that even of you were pregnant, it wasn't an actual baby that you lost, right? It was a barely visible embryo.

I'm not saying your feelings aren't valid, they certainly are. I just don't want you being sad because you thought an actual baby died, that's all. Yes, it would have been a baby if it lived through all 9 months of development, but it didn't. 90% of fertilized eggs miscarry, most times the women don't even realize they even conceived.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 26th, 2007
futureshock wrote:
7 weeks? Are you sure you didn't have a late period? You do realize that even of you were pregnant, it wasn't an actual baby that you lost, right? It was a barely visible embryo.

I'm not saying your feelings aren't valid, they certainly are. I just don't want you being sad because you thought an actual baby died, that's all. Yes, it would have been a baby if it lived through all 9 months of development, but it didn't. 90% of fertilized eggs miscarry, most times the women don't even realize they even conceived.


The embryo's heart actually starts to beat around 6 weeks.. you just cant hear it on a doppler that early yet.
When i was 6wks 3 days.. the heart stopped beating. (they took a sonagram and saw my little bean)
To me... they are living so they are my baby even so young or small.
To each their own how you view what is growing inside of you. To be 7 weeks you had to be late for about 3 weeks. cuz when you are just missing your period u are about 4 weeks pregnant. (remember they take it that you are 2 weeks pregnant by the time you ovulate. *shrug*
Doesnt make sense but its true. And when i m/c'ed at 6 weeks... there was something i did lose. (it wasnt just a heavy-like period) It was the size of a blueberry. At the hospital they confirmed that was the "product of conception"
By 8 weeks it starts resembling a baby.. its the size of a kidney bean.

When i am first pregnant.. i view it was MY baby.. I dont call my little bean as a embryo.. or fetus. Calling it something other than a baby is why people can get away with abortion. As long as its not called a baby they can even abort it full term. EEEK!!! not good.

Sorry about the rambling.. it just gets to me when people say that this little miracle inside ya is not a real baby. They have lots of names for the little bean. But i say if you think of it as a baby.. then that's fine.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Breizzy wrote:
Calling it something other than a baby is why people can get away with abortion. As long as its not called a baby they can even abort it full term. EEEK!!! not good.



Abortion at full term does NOT happen.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
futureshock wrote:
7 weeks? Are you sure you didn't have a late period? You do realize that even of you were pregnant, it wasn't an actual baby that you lost, right? It was a barely visible embryo.

I'm not saying your feelings aren't valid, they certainly are. I just don't want you being sad because you thought an actual baby died, that's all. Yes, it would have been a baby if it lived through all 9 months of development, but it didn't. 90% of fertilized eggs miscarry, most times the women don't even realize they even conceived.


Peoples veiws tend to differ on this. It is actually the core of many pro-life/pro-choice arguements. They tend to dispute when it is considered 'life' or 'baby' or anything close to these terms. I'm not stating this to start an arguement (this isn't the place) I just wanted to point that out.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Ingi wrote:
Breizzy wrote:
Calling it something other than a baby is why people can get away with abortion. As long as its not called a baby they can even abort it full term. EEEK!!! not good.



Abortion at full term does NOT happen.


Actually it does... ITs calleld Partial birth abortions.
The people that do this assume that its not a baby until its fully out of the mom. So as its crowning or soon after they ...umm.. kill it *without going into detail of what they do)

Or they yank the baby out.. all but the head.. and then kill it while the head is still somewhat in the mother.. Sad Go to google and look up partial birth abortion. or One website is abortioninfo.net

Its sad to say but this horrible act does indeed exist and is performed.
Crying or Very sad
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
can we end this topic of full term abortions--or move it elsewhere.. I personally am getting uneasy about it... but dont want to be a evil mod and lock it
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Breizzy wrote:

Actually it does... ITs calleld Partial birth abortions.
The people that do this assume that its not a baby until its fully out of the mom. So as its crowning or soon after they ...umm.. kill it *without going into detail of what they do)

Or they yank the baby out.. all but the head.. and then kill it while the head is still somewhat in the mother.. Sad Go to google and look up partial birth abortion. or One website is abortioninfo.net

Its sad to say but this horrible act does indeed exist and is performed.
Crying or Very sad


Not in the states. Get your facts straight.

The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act is a United States law. The law was enacted in 2003, and in 2007 its constitutionality was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
jessamyn wrote:
can we end this topic of full term abortions--or move it elsewhere.. I personally am getting uneasy about it... but dont want to be a evil mod and lock it


Sorry about that. But ignorance deserves some education Smile

I will be quiet now. Wink
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
excuse but i am not ignorant.. I do alot of research on alot of things.
I pride myself on knowing everything there is to know about the OB/gyn profession, and anything of the like.

I will post the URL and stuff on the abortion forum.. if you want to continue this dicussion someplace else.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Breizzy wrote:
excuse but i am not ignorant.. I do alot of research on alot of things.
I pride myself on knowing everything there is to know about the OB/gyn profession, and anything of the like.

I will post the URL and stuff on the abortion forum.. if you want to continue this dicussion someplace else.


That wasn't directed at you. I was speaking with Jess. I don't need to debate your beliefs with you. You have a right to have your own - just as I do. That does not mean these young girls in here need to be misinformed.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I see this was split from the original. I didn't mean for that to happen Smile I just didn't want people thinking this is a regular thing - especially young, impressionable girls who may be considering abortion.

I am pro-choice., by the way.

I went to that site: abortioninfo.net and apparently it is pro-choice and talks of old laws, prior to partial birth abortion ban. I don't think it has been updated recently.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thank yoU!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Breizzy wrote:
Ingi wrote:
Breizzy wrote:
Calling it something other than a baby is why people can get away with abortion. As long as its not called a baby they can even abort it full term. EEEK!!! not good.



Abortion at full term does NOT happen.


Actually it does... ITs calleld Partial birth abortions.
The people that do this assume that its not a baby until its fully out of the mom. So as its crowning or soon after they ...umm.. kill it *without going into detail of what they do)

Or they yank the baby out.. all but the head.. and then kill it while the head is still somewhat in the mother.. Sad Go to google and look up partial birth abortion. or One website is abortioninfo.net

Its sad to say but this horrible act does indeed exist and is performed.
Crying or Very sad


Darling, do you have ANY clue how extremely rare a partial birth abortion is?

You are WRONG. Women who get late-term abortions do it purely out of love. Why? Because at that stage, it is ILLEGAL to abort "just because I feel like it". Women who abort late term do it because they will DIE if they carry any longer. They abort because the baby is severely deformed, or already dead.

It IS extremely sad when these abortions happen because the child is often very loved and wanted by the parents. It simply cannot be, however, due to whatever horrible circumstance.

Google yourself some real knowledge, not just pro-life propaganda.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Eiri wrote:


Google yourself some real knowledge


That's my new slogan. Lol. I love it! Very Happy
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Georgia59 wrote:
Eiri wrote:


Google yourself some real knowledge


That's my new slogan. Lol. I love it! Very Happy


Georgia,, you be nice.. Wink Or I will have to send Birch over to spank you! Don't know why I'm sending Birch, it just sounded good! Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Breizzy wrote:
Ingi wrote:
Breizzy wrote:
Calling it something other than a baby is why people can get away with abortion. As long as its not called a baby they can even abort it full term. EEEK!!! not good.



Abortion at full term does NOT happen.


Actually it does... ITs calleld Partial birth abortions.
The people that do this assume that its not a baby until its fully out of the mom. So as its crowning or soon after they ...umm.. kill it *without going into detail of what they do)

Or they yank the baby out.. all but the head.. and then kill it while the head is still somewhat in the mother.. Sad Go to google and look up partial birth abortion. or One website is abortioninfo.net

Its sad to say but this horrible act does indeed exist and is performed.
Crying or Very sad


This is absolutely not true. Partial Birth Abortion is not even a real medical term. It is a made up term designed SPECIFICALLY to make people think exactly as you've stated here in this post.

The real term in "intact dilation and extraction", or "intact d & e" for short.
These procedures are NOT done at full term, or even in the third trimester. The fetus is too large by then and labor must be induced and the woman has to give birth if her life is threatened or there is some other medical emergency that late in pregnancy, for those are the only reasons abortion is allowed, otherwise it is illegal.

So, to recap, NO ABORTIONS TAKE PLACE AT FULL TERM.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Thank you ladies. Smile This just irked me in the teen forum - those girls need the CORRECT information, not made up BS. to scare them.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ingi wrote:
I see this was split from the original. I didn't mean for that to happen Smile I just didn't want people thinking this is a regular thing - especially young, impressionable girls who may be considering abortion.

I am pro-choice., by the way.

I went to that site: abortioninfo.net and apparently it is pro-choice and talks of old laws, prior to partial birth abortion ban. I don't think it has been updated recently.


I read the entire Supreme Court Case. No where were any "pba's" allowed in the third trimester, ever, even before the ban.

The ban had nothing to do with lateness of the abortion, as other abortion methods done at the same time as pba's ARE STILL LEGAL. They are called "dilation and extraction, or d& e for short.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 26th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Did you go to that other site? The one mentioned... it doesn't advocate violence against abortion clinics - but it does say sometimes violence is necessary. Scary!

I think some people read what they want and choose to hear what they want as it applies only to their beliefs. And I have no doubt there is literature out there that says women are aborting babies full term. Whether truthful or not, some people use whatever they can find to *prove* their point.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't know what the original thread was about but I'm assuming it was about a girl who had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. If that's the case then I have to say that futureshock you were incredibly insensitive to tell her that 'it wasn't a baby' as if she shouldn't even be giving it a second thought. It doesn't matter what size the baby was, when it is a wanted child and it is lost then the woman has every right to grieve and not be corrected on medical terms and made to feel as if she is foolish to feel sad.

If I got the wrong end of the stick then I unreservedly apologise Wink
|
Did you find this post helpful?