What age can you give a baby gripe water? My daughter will be 10 weeks old tomorrow. She gets the hiccups ALL the time and gripe water is suppose to help get rid of them. I try to get her to take a couple drinks from her bottle, but that doesn't always work and she doesn't always want anymore of her bottle. I wouldn't be that worried about it, but the hiccups make her so mad that she starts gasping for air because she's crying and screaming so hard. It takes quite a while to get her to calm down once the hiccups do go away.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
gripe water can be given from birth as indicated on the packaging
|

Especially eHealthy
Nancy's right.

BUT, you can give her just plain jane water instead of buying Gripe Water.

Gripe water is GREAT for gas too!!

Sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
I hadn't ever seen it anywhere, so I never had an opportunity to read the packaging. I did find it in the grocery store earlier and picked some up. It won't hurt to have some on hand!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
mamaTT wrote:
I hadn't ever seen it anywhere, so I never had an opportunity to read the packaging. I did find it in the grocery store earlier and picked some up. It won't hurt to have some on hand!!

its available in all pharmacies and walmart has it..........
|

Especially eHealthy
walgreens too! Wink

Sarah
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
i never saw it at the stores yall are talking about when i was lookin for it for joseph, i had to drive 45 min to a health food store to get it! but it was worth it, i tried everything else with joseph he screamed and screaming an dhad gas bad and stuff and nothing at all worked. So i drove all that way just for it lol. hopefully it will work out for ya!
|

replied October 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
It knocked out her hiccups REAL quick. I have found the magic potion!!!! I had never been able to find it at wal-mart (pharmacy section or baby section), but I hadn't looked in any of the pharmacies, because I use my grocery store to have prescriptions filled, but they had it in the baby aisle.
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....