Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Correlations : Brain Seizures , Lesions & Emotional Control

Has there been a correlation between seizure disorders, lack of emotional control, and brain lesions? I suffer from gran mal seizures and an unability to control anger and rage. Medication has assisted in controlling the seizures, but I continue to suffer anger issues. Therapy and depression medications have done very little to control my violent outbursts. Is there a field of testing or research that might open more doors to me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
Wow, that sounds like my son he is 18 he was in an accident when he was 10. He suffered a traumatic brain injury and sometimes still has seizures although he is on medicine for them(trileptol) He also has problems with anger, he is on abilify for that, but he still has problems controlling that. I wish I had a solution for both of you. Tina
|

replied September 26th, 2009
Seizures and emotional control.
This is interesting, my wife (2Cool has developed seizures from Periventricular nodular heteropia ( in the frontal lobe) that she has had from birth. and is experiencing problems controlling emotion. she's having wild mood swings. Granted shes stressed from this new development, but I dont believe stress can cause what I'm seeing.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....