Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

I Think Im Bipolarand scared it will get out of control

okay...this is my first post....and my topic scares me Shocked

....lately I've been very moody and distressed...its like I'm never truly happy anymore...i mean its like I'm happy....i get really excited and very hyper then BOOM!! like that im sad or angry, and possibly in tears. like yesterday, all day at school i was crying, i felt like crud and i was just thinking about alot...i couldnt smile or laugh or joke...but today i was extremely happy before school and during just about all my classes...then i got on the bus and this one girl made me very very very angry....you know, almost like i couldnt see straight....but anyways, i was sooo mad!! Evil or Very Mad i wanted to punch her then and there, but instead i let it bottle inside me....just like i always do....its like i cant tell anybody what i feel and it stinks!! but as soon as i stepped off the bus i burst into tears...not even my mother could help me... Crying or Very sad i didnt know why i was like that because apparently a sixth grader wouldve never EVER normally made me cry....and she didnt today either...somethin else did, but i dont know wat.... and it makes me SICK!!! i even made my sister (who is 11)...well i made her cry....and its like i dont even remember why now..it scares me to think of wat i could be capable of if i cant even remember a little word fight between me and my sis....what if i black out or get so mad i cant even think....like if i get EXTREMELY violent? im SCARED and i dont no wat to do.... we cant afford to take me to a docter (psychiatrist)...and im scared that if i dont get help i may get way WAY out of control....

im chelsey..im 14..and i think i have bipolar disorder.. HELP ME PLZ!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Again..
try reading other posts ive replied to this once already if your 14 its possible your just having a rough time through puberty and/or depression. its hard to pin point you have bpd at your age because of how in the teenage stage your body is developing and your mind is too. thus causing confusion, anger, immaturity, and depression. once you hit your 20's your frontal lobe is more developed and you become more mature. therefore you become calm and think more logically and stop acting on impulses. usually if bpd or schizophrenia runs in your family theres a chance you have it also, its believed that its genetically passed on. You sound like the common teenager. perhaps practice in selfcontrol and anger management will do you good or just time and age.
|

replied November 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
Have you talked to your parents? WHile it is true that adolescence can cause many weird and scary changes, these DO sound extreme to me. Perhaps you coudl get yoru parents to tak eyou to see a doctor, as a doctor is really the only one who can properly evaluate you. (legally, anyway...)

Goodluck
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...