Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Spleen Forum

Mono Test Positive With No Signs of Mono????

Question Recently my husband had some severe abdominal pain, went to the doctor and found his spleen was enlarged. She sent him to the lab to get a mono test, and called back the next day and said it was positive. They did another one, and it too was positive. He had mono before when he was 14 (9 years ago) and it was terrible for him. Is it possible to have mono and not have any symptoms? Is there anything else that could cause that test to be positive?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
He did have a symptom. His spleen is enlarged and he has stomach pain.
|

I wasn't aware that a virus could represent with a single symptom. No fever, no sore throat, and swollen lymph nodes. Just the enlarged spleen and the stomach pain from which is gone.
|

Especially eHealthy
Some people have no symptoms of mono. I just did a very quick internet search and John's Hopkins University website tells me not everyone has symptoms. While other may develop an enlarged spleen, inflamation of the liver and/or rash.
|

Oh. Thanks!
|

Especially eHealthy
No problem. I hope he gets better soon.
|

Especially eHealthy
when i had mono in the 7th grade i didnt have any symptoms
then i got it again in 9th grade and i had symptoms then!
|

replied October 11th, 2015
Leave A Reply
|
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...