Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

bleeding mole - is it normal to wait 6 weeks for operation?

Hi everyone. I would really appreciate your input on this.
My Mum was at the hospital yesterday to get a bleeding mole on her leg checked out. As soon as the doctor saw it he said it would need to come out. But instead of taking it out then and there my mum has to wait on a letter to tell her when to come back and get the procedure done. He also told her to make an appointment to come back and see him in 6 weeks to discuss whether or not it is cancer.

Is this the normal way to go about this kind of thing? i'm really worried and don't think I can take 6 weeks of this.

thanks for listening.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Where is the mole located exactly?
Was the bleeding spontaneous or caused by something?
Can your mum consider visiting another dermatologist?
|

replied October 24th, 2007
It's on the inside of her leg above her knee.
It's dark brown, with pink bits in it. it looks like it has been grazed. She uses a skin buffer and thinks it could have been that that has scratched it. It is perhaps a little over a cm in size.
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Bleeding mole with uneven color is a worrying sign.
Try to make an earlier appointment.
|
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....