About 2 1/2 years I started to notice a painfull lump at the bottom of my sturnham and my ribs just to the right side of my sturnham seemed to be swollen. It is sometimes uncomfortable to take deep breaths or lay on my stomach. The Dr diagnosed it as costacondritis, told me to take it easy for about 2 weeks and take anti inflammitories. 2 years later, it's still ther and still very sore. The pain comes and goes, somedays it doesn't bother me at all and others it is very uncomfortable. I have not had it rechecked, however it seems to be getting worse. Is costacondritis something that would be re-occuring or shud I have it checked out again?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 22nd, 2007
I Would Get It Checked
I think you should get a second opinion if it is something more serious that is a long time for it to go on diagnosed, go to another dr and what they say!! and if it is reaccuring maybe things should be taken care of differently Good luck
|

replied October 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
costochondritis is an inflamitory disease and requires long-term, close follow-up.
try taking Aleve or Ibuprofen to lessen the pain but u NEED to have a follow-up check-up.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....