Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Molar Pregnancy?? Just a Question.

I am curious what a molar pregnancy is. I have never heard of this. What is it and what causes it? Thanks for any replys.

Stacey
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 3rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
They are not sure of what it is, but it is when the baby starts to get (eaten) while in the womb. A co-worker of mine carried her daughter til she was 6 mo when she found out this was happening and she had to get an abortion.

Jennifer
|

replied April 7th, 2004
Molar Pregnancy Or Multiple Pregnany?
Can someone help me? I went in today for a ultrasound at 7 weeks and they said they saw multiple sacs but no babies. They said that it is either a molar or multiple pregnancy. I have syptoms of both. In jan of this year I had a blighted ovum. I am very confused. I have had one successful pregnancy.
|

replied May 18th, 2004
a Molar Pregnancy Is...
A molar pregnancy is when the cells that are supposed to be the placenta for the baby you may or may not be pregnant with freak out and start growing like crazy (growing like cancer grows)... I am receiving treatment right now for a molar pregnancy since february. Mine was a complete mole, meaning, there was no embryo-- just placenta cells. Placenta cells gone wild. And even after the d & c, my pregnancy hormone went down for a few weeks and then back up again. I've just finished my 8th session of mild chemotherapy that, to be perfectly honest, wasn't bad at all. Not the horrible cancer-ward hair-losing chemotherapy I was expecting. Now i'm waiting to find out if one round of chemo will be enough to lower my hcg to zero... Cross your fingers for me.

Ruby ferrera
|

replied May 18th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Good luck, huni!

~jennifer~
|

replied May 24th, 2004
Experienced User
Ryansmom
When I first found out that I was having a baby there were 2 sacs. One with and one with out a heartbeat. At 27 weeks, there is now only 1 baby. The other just disappeared, known as the disappearing twin. The second sac just didnt form and took care of itself from there. Hope this helps somehow. Keep us updated.
|

replied May 28th, 2004
Experienced User
Sorry
Just wanted to say sorry to you girls that eperience that it is very sad and scary at the same time. How did you feel when you found out? What were the sympthoms like?
|

replied May 28th, 2004
How Did It Feel And What Were the Symptoms
Well, I suppose like in any miscarraige, the feelings are similar to a ride on a county fair roller coaster... Emotionally, speaking. Just when you've gotten used to the idea that you're pregnant and you've told all your friends and everybody's telling you how you're glowing and radiant... One day you begin to bleed. And you go to the emergency room and they give you a vaginal ultra sound and they say, something's not right here... You're not going to have this baby.
Va-rooooom screeeeech whiplash---
but the ride's not over yet. After any miscarraige, it's normal to do a d &c which is a lot like an abortion but not as intense. My spanish doctor referred to it as a 'tiny vaccuum cleaner for the womb'. For this procedure, they have to put you to sleep and insert pills inside you that hurt like the devil. It's a whole day in the hospital.
Sssssssshhhhhrrrrrrrrooooooooooomm whiplash, ouch---

but with a molar pregnancy, the fun doesn't stop there... No, no, no.... This sort of miscarraige requires constant vigilance of hcg hormones to make sure they go down. Placenta cells sometimes have a sneaky way of multiplying like cancer. Blood tests weekly...
Ca-boom, ca-boom, brrrrrrrrrr....

If your hcg count goes down to zero as the weeks go by, great... You're in the clear. But if it doesn't-- ooooh no, then comes chemotherapy.
Click-click-click-click-clikc-clikc--

that's as far as i've gotten so far on my molar pregnancy roller coaster ride. We will see how much longer it takes for my body to stop thinking it's pregnant. When I think back to when I was pregnant, back in february and a little bit of march, I do remember having cramps and a bloated feeling in my womb. I thought it was my uterus stretching. Apart from that, I felt wonderful. Absolutely radiant.
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...