Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Please...any Advice!

The doctors either don't discuss what they think is going on...or they just run around in circles and act like they're doing their job!!

I have a 12 week old little girl...even when she was born the night crew in the hospital would wake me up to breast feed and tell me how shes been spitting up an awfully lot...about three days old she started having little seizures in her sleep...they got worse and at 2 weeks the emergency room sent her down to Bostons Childrens Hospital where we spent a week with her getting tons of blood and hooked up to an EEG...finally they said it was beniegn and blah blah so she would stop....i stopped breat feeding and she stopped having seizures (dont know if thats related) i stopped breastfeeding to try to stop the spitup but 7 different formulas didnt work, so eventually they put her on Neocate and ProPhree thinking she is allergic to protein due to elevated amonia levels.....but after alll these weeks they said her tests look like she isnt allergic but shes still on it....ANYWAY...shes had an Upper GI and they take blood all the time....we use cloth diapers as her burp clothes because she vomits so much....its not JUST at feedings its ALL the time but NOW....im scared....
she was gaining weight so they were not concerned (i think she was gaining weight because i feed her almost ever HOUR most of the time since she throws it all up and begs for more)
now she is projectile vomiting and its usually always clear...98% of the time its now just clear....shes been on a few acid reflux medicine so i really dont think thats she cause...but i wanted to rush her to the ER today because she was projectile vomiting and then she started choking the pressure was so much it forced it out her nose and mouth at the same time and she could NOT breathe...i had to use suction on her nose and mouth at the same time trying to give her time to breathe...
its gotten so much worse in the last 48 hours...but shes gaining weight so if i take her AGAIN to the hospital im afraid they'll send me home, i really think she has Pyloric Stenosis from what ive googled....because shes had less bowel movements (about every 2 days) but she weighs 11 lbs...i dont know what to do but something has to be done fast...
Please if you have any advice please help....On anything, even bathing and how to keep from changing her ANd my clothes every 5 minutes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I'm sorry no one got to your post. Did everything turn out ok with your daughter? I think they should have done a scan of her body to make sure her digestive system was developing properly. Please let us know if you found out what it was and the treatment. I hope you are not still going through this.
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2008
Supporter
Wow. I hope she is okay. Try taking her to a different hospital. I wouldn't stand letting them send me home if my baby did that. refuse to leave if they don't help her. I know it sounds weird. But you said it was so bad that she couldn't breath. She should have a body scan. I am so sorry! I hope she will be okay.. Can you keep me updated? rainbow
|
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....