Hi everyone , im a 22 year old female with AWFUL anxiety. It CONSUMES my life. Right when i wake up all i think about is dying or not being able to breath. i think all kinds of crazy things..it would take me a whole life time to write everything!!I have not driven in about 2 years b/c i'm TERRIFIED to drive. I have a one year old son and im so depressed about not being able to take him to the park or take him differnt places because of my panic disorder! Ive gotten to the point where i hate being alone...im always scared im going to pass out or die and nobody will be here to call 911 or to care for my son!! I just dont understand why i think like this!! I am on zoloft 100 mg. and the dr prescribed me the peach xanax but that doesn't help calm me down. Ive also spent 1000's of dollars on a program that includes tapes and books but that didnt help me either. Ive seen many dr's and all they wanna do is drug me up more!! The only time i feel calm is after i have drank a few beers and i dont want to be an alcoholic .I know there is no magic pill to get rid of this but i desperatly want to live a normal life and be able to do all the things a normal mother would be able to do w/ there son. If anyone has ANY advice for me AT all i would love to hear. THANK You for listening and sorry it was so long.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2007
Exercise And Get Off the Pills
Pills have so many imbalances on you and your system. I think you should reduse your pills then eventually go off of them. DONT DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR DR'S OK. I use to be depressed and could cry at the drop of a hat i would't get out of bed. I started working out and about a month and a half later i was happy i had lost 15pds which is always good and my over all thought process and negativity went away!!! Just a thought but it helped me and for the past two years my life is back on track and not depressing anymore. Good luck!!
|

replied October 21st, 2007
Feeling Scared
Iknow exactly how you feel,
i'm 21 years of age, it all started while i was working i noticed sharp chest pain i got short of breath. i went to the doctors they said i bruised my ribs. a week later i started feeling dizzy very sick and weak. confused. i went to the hospital they said i had the flu go home and rest. the next few days i kept going back adventually they put me in hospital for 3 nights. i had blood test which i had influenza A. got out of hospital and still had the same systems. i kept going back for tests. xrays heart tests ect nothing came up. they put me on 50g depression tablets, and 30g anxiety.
been taking them the last 4 weeks nothing works. i feel weaker sicker dying each day.

The doctors were getting fustrated cause i am convinced they are wrong. no one understands how hopeless i feel. sad burst into tears each day. i cant even go to work or even go to any public places without much breath in me.
to everyone out there we all need help and the doctors dont care.
fancy them thinking i am going mental.

they almost were concerned of putting me in a mental hospital.
i am going insane they think........
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Exercise And Get Off the Pills
Latisha27 wrote:
Pills have so many imbalances on you and your system. I think you should reduse your pills then eventually go off of them. DONT DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR DR'S OK. I use to be depressed and could cry at the drop of a hat i would't get out of bed. I started working out and about a month and a half later i was happy i had lost 15pds which is always good and my over all thought process and negativity went away!!! Just a thought but it helped me and for the past two years my life is back on track and not depressing anymore. Good luck!!

Some people need to be on medication. That is just a fact. For some people, exercise and therapy can work, but for others, it just doesn't.

Glad you are feeling better, though. Smile
|

replied August 3rd, 2008
you are not alone.
hiya. iv suffered panic attacks for 6month due to stress.. there so bad every day i think im dyin and no1 wants to help, i feel like the doctors are lyin, my doctors are really rubbish but there the closest to me. this is how rubbish they are.. my mums best mate has been havin belly problems for 2years or so and the doctors said she has a water infection.. they put her on pills to fight infections.. recently she started weein blood.. she just found out she has cancer... and thats why i hate goin to my doctors. they tolds me i had angina.. haha.. the hospital was confused coz my heart is ok.. let me tell you my life is a wreck due to these attacks.. im weak. i get pains every where.. i feels so rubbish.. dizzy.. i hate bein alone thinkin something is goin to happen to me and no1 will see me to help or get my son.. im a goodd mother a will not let these attacks come b4 my little boy.. just carry on with life.. iv come off my medication and goin to try gettin on with my life.. dont let it ruin ya life for yours and yor son sake. calm down on the medication coz it will get the better of you.. remember life is precious.. to precious to be taken down by panic attacks.. take care. xx
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...