I have reeeeeeally bad asthma, and if I am pregnant, I was wondering do you think it will be bad for the baby with my albuterol inhalations and my singular pills that I take everyday?

--heather
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 8th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I dont know on that one, you should ask your doctor to find out
|

Experienced User
Re: Pregnant With Asthma
heather_16 wrote:
i have reeeeeeally bad asthma, and if I am pregnant, I was wondering do you think it will be bad for the baby with my albuterol inhalations and my singular pills that I take everyday?

--heather

ok from what I read about it, if taken in a very low dosage and only 4 times a day it is rare that anything will happen. But like any drug when your pregnant you must contact your doctor.

In rare cases the albuterol caused cardio vascular problems in the fetus, but again its rare and I am not a doctor!

Good luck and best wishes!
|

Experienced User
Okay, thanks guys. If I am, when I tell my dad (he's going to ring my neck out and send me to my mom's if I am pregnant) I will go to a doctor and talk to them about that.

Thanks,

heather
|

replied September 10th, 2003
Oh, I take singular, and I use an inhaler, all the while I was pregnant, I had 2 asthma attacks, and the medicine never hurt the baby, or at least theirs no visible evidence, thank god.
|

Experienced User
That's good. I don't know if I am yet or not. But me and my boyfriend are going to test me this saturday or sunday. I'm going to get a two ept test thingy I guess. I'll let you guys know.

Thanks,
heather
|

Experienced User
Good luck heather! Me and chey are praying for ya! I hope you get the results that you and your bf want!!

-love jessika and cheyenne-
|

Experienced User
Thanks youngmama, I know it's like "so wrong" to want to be pregnant at such a "young" age, but we're hoping to be pregnant. And we would pray to be if we had a god to pray to, but we dont have one, so we just hope and hope and hope. So, we're hoping ^_^

thanks,
heather
|

Experienced User
Smile its not wrong! Actually I wanted to be pregnant for the longest time but had given up because everytime I had 'symptoms' it would be nothing. Then austin woke me up at 3 am and said jess, we have to get a pregnancy test today! I was like why? Whats wrong? And he was like I had a dream that you are pregnant! Sure enough I was, no early symptoms or nothing just a dream, pretty wierd huh??

Good luck and best wishes
-jessika-
|

Experienced User
Hehe, thats not cool, lol, I bet, because everything hates me, I wont be, and itll blow and ill get my hopes all high up....And then I wont be, and ill be crushed and depressed, cause it happened back in early august (late july ish I think) and then I wasnt pregnant and I got my period, then I havent gotten my period back since then (and I think I remember my period being light and short that time) and yeah, so, but I took a test and it came out negative, yet, I use the bathroom like 10-12 times a day and it was at likr 7 at night, and I think that the hgc levels er whatever were diluted and cant be noticed, so we are going to take the test early in the morning when I wake, and hopefully it will come out positive. *hopes*

thanks,
heather
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....