Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Foot Numbness And Feeling of Swollenness

im 24 and i think there is something going on with me. my feet have been feeling numb lately, as if they are falling asleep on me. my lower back hurts ever since that started happening. Also, my feet have this weird feeling as if there are blisters on them, but there are none. a feeling as if you put your foot into a shoe with a marble in it. there is no appearance of swollenness, but it has the feeling of it in isolated areas on the flat of my foot. this started a week ago and it has never happened before.

other unrelated health issues ive noticed recently:
i have a small lump on the upper part of my anus area. not on the anus, but at the very top of the crack. kinda feels like a pimple does, but it isnt one.

i have been feeling weak, and have a queasy stomach. i also have been having not so solid bowel movements.

Anyone have any idea? this isnt necessarily a foot disorder, but i didnt know where to post this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2008
Foot Numbness
I too am having some numbness in my one foot. I recently started a new job that is quite physically demanding and had injured the inside of my left knee. I was off work for a week while this healed. Since I have returned to work I have experienced pain on the bottom of my foot and numbness on the top front part of my left foot especially around my toes. It sounds very similar to your problem (ineedmeds) where I have the pins and needles feeling but it continues on for quite a while. I'm not quite sure what the problem is? My job requires me to carry upwards of 50lbs while walking up to 12 miles a day so I really need to remedy this situation quickly. Does anyone have any advice?
|

replied February 17th, 2008
actually, my problem went away. i was sitting in a hunched over position for hours a day and it was probably a spinal issue. I was cutting off circulation to the lower part of my body. now i sit upright, fixed my posture so it doesnt occur anymore. I suppose this doesnt help you, but im sure ther is some type of blockage in your knee where there shouldnt be. or perhaps some type of nerve damage.
|
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....