Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

:?: Back to Back Albuterol In Neb = wired? How to sleep ?

Question I had a bad attack yesterday and did a neb treatment, didn't raise peak flows anymore, so I called the on call doc in my practice and he said, do another one or two and that should help. Holy Smokes. I've been awake for 36 hours and counting. I did go to the ER and they gave me something by neb that worked a little but I'm still awake. I don't do drugs or anything like this. The doc warned me that the albuterol may make me a little awake and raise my heart rate but this is ridiculous! Any suggestions on falling asleep!?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Are you suffering from asthma?
Did you have an episode of extreme breathing difficulty before getting nab treatment?
Are you taking some other medicines?
Do you have problems with your heart?
Do you know that albuterol inhalation sometimes causes wheezing and difficulty breathing immediately after it is inhaled?
Are you aware that difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep are symptoms of overdose with albuterol?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....