Hey girls!!!!!!!!!! I have a problem..My doctor told me I probably have pcos...And I was wondering if anyone has been able to concieve very fast with this??? Thanks!!!!!

Cris :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2004
Pcos
Hey, I just recently been diagnosed with (pcos) polycystic ovarian disease syndrome, and I think i've had it for quite sometime. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for four years and nothing? But I just recently got diagnosed so maybe something will happen now? So do you have any info on treatment options or advice on what to do? Does everyone with pcos end up with diabetes and losing hair, etc.? Please any info I would appreciate it. If you could give me some advice on what your're doing thanks.
|

replied September 9th, 2004
Pcos
I have been living with the fact that I have pcos for 6 years now and let me tell you it's not easy.
I am 27 yrs old and I don't think I will ever get pregnant. Seriously. I don't have the money to go through in-vitro, and my insurance doesn't cover it. I have tried everything in the book except in-vitro of course.
I just want to know if there is anyone out there who is going through the same thing. I need a friend who can relate. After taking provera and having my own doctor give up on me I just feel so fustrated. Now all of a sudden I get a period every 2 weeks. Great!!
Any help out there??
|

replied October 14th, 2004
It's a Struggle
I am 27. I was diagnosed with pcos 6 years ago. I have been living with it a lot longer. The tough part was being diagnosed. Now the hard part is sticking to my diet and taking my pills every day. On the bright side we have finally gotten the right combination of diet and medicine, and things are starting to look better. I look forward to the day when I get my diet under control enough that I can hopefully go off the pills. We plan to start fertility treatments next year, if all goes well. We plan to try intra-uterine insemination first rather than invitro, as it only runs about $1200-$1500/attempt. If this doesn't work than we may have to go with invitro, but the Dr. Suggested we try this first because of the expense factor. I am always looking for more information on pcos. If anyone has any questions or answers please write me, even just to chat about life in general. Look forward to talking to anyone. Bye for now. :d
|

replied October 26th, 2004
Hey everyone I just found out on friday I have pcos...It explains alot....It was the biggest shock of a life time...The only thing I was afraid of is it would turn out to be something that might wreck the chances of me having kids someday....I just turned 20 and I never thought i'd have to deal with this kind of thing not now......
Wannabeamom...I hope everything goes good for you keep your hopes up and be careful what kind of drugs you get into my step mom tried invitro a couple of years ago and she ended up being really screwed up afterwards from the drugs they had her on.....
Well feel free to pm me if you get a chance i'd love someone to talk to about what they are going through...So I have soem idea
|

replied March 20th, 2005
Pcos
I too have pcos. I'm 31 and have had alot of probs for the last 7 years, gone though 2 doc I was put on prevera and clomid and got pregnant and sadly at 9weeks m/c and then 6weeks later got pregnant again with my son that is now 2years old. And we are ttc again,and I have had 2 more m/c. My doc has just put me on clomid again and with it i'm also to take metformin. I was given an ultrasound on the 10, 12, 14 of the cycle to see if it was workin, I was told I was responding very well to the treatment, I will know at the end of the month.

Good luck too everyone out there with pcos , and dont give up hope
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2006
Experienced User
You can get pcos anytime after you get your first period....There is no age limit.
|
Tags: pcos, Infertility
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
User Profile
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....