Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Gallbladder Sludge, Normal Hida And Severe Pain- What to Do?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
Hi,I am only 23 and have had severe belching, abdominal pain left and right side, spasmy pain on the right shoulderblade towards my back, indigestion, and frequent nausea for the past year. Diarrhea, sometimes dark and sometimes light stools with substane floating on the top. It is much worse when I eat fatty foods or a big meal or raw vegetables, but is pretty much bad all the time. Also sometimes feels like there's something stuck between my ribcage, and that area gets sore when I press on it (only when I am having an "attack". My symptoms started off with my stomach making noise and have gotten much much worse.

I have had an endoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, CAT scan, and HIDA scan all normal. Got tested for celiac disease, normal. Blood tests normal except for one slightly raised CRP which went back to normal shortly. The only thing that showed up abnormal was that my ultrasound showed sludge in the gallbladder. My doctor is skeptical that I should get surgery based on that alone.

Has anyone else had sludge only and gotten their gallbladder removed? Do you feel better? I am desperate for help and am ready to go under the knife!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper savinhearts
|

replied October 19th, 2007
I Feel Your Pain
I am also feeling some of your symptoms. I have had a clear CT and US and I have negative bloodwork. Waiting on my HIDA test results on Monday.

I have severe belching, nausea, belly pain and had an "attack" Sunday night after eating chili.

I need relief and am desperate to find out what is wrong with me.
|

replied October 21st, 2007
Know What You Are Going Through....
I am 23 and am finally getting rid of the agony I have been dealing with on the 31st of this month. It took my doctor only 6 weeks to diagnose..the HIDA scan showed a low ejection fraction and it also recreated my symptoms when the CCK was injected....even though all bloodwork, endoscopy and other tests were negative.

Keep us updated on what yall find out! If you have any more questions feel free to ask Smile
|

replied September 8th, 2008
GallBladder Sludge but Tests Normal?
Hi. I am a 37 year old female in great physical shape. On approximately July 10th I started having pains in the upper abdominal area. I had and "attack" on July 24th. It was suspected that I had a gallbladder attack. It hurt then, and still does now after I eat...especially fatty foods. I have had an abdominal ultrasound, HIDA Scan with CCK, abdominal CT Scan, and a regular endoscopy. Apparently all tests have come back normal. No stones have been seen at all. The endoscope showed a hiatal hernia & some mild esophigitis

I had another attack 2 weeks ago. The ER doctors said that it was "bilary Colic". My family history is that my father had his gallbladder removed 10 years ago, never had stones, but had the sludge in the gall bladder.

It hurts everyday in the upper right area, especially after eating. I have cut out almost all fat possible from my diet. I am not eating any red meat.

Can I have gallbladder sludge, be having attacks, but it not show up on any tests? I'm altered my diet. I am taking an anti-spaspodic every day, Nexium for heartburn, but I am still having to take pain killers (Darvocet) at least once a day.

I have an appointment with another GI person in 3 weeks for a second opionion. My regular doctor also said that I could make an appointment with a surgeon to discuss taking the gallbladder out.

Please help with any ideas.

Thank you.
|

replied September 20th, 2008
I hope you take some time to consider this surgery seriously and aren't naive enough to think that your health will be better after lacking one of your major organs. This surgery is not reversible! However there are many things you can do to heal your gall bladder on your own. First you had better research side effects of not having a gall bladder. Eating a no fat diet is just making it worse. Not having a gall bladder seriously impairs your body's ability to absorb fat soluable nutrients. I know a lot of people personally who have had their gall bladders removed and not one of them is skinny. They have put on a lot of weight, especially in their mid section. I also do not know one that doesn't have to deal with bouts of diahrrea or/and constipation on an ongoing basis. Everyone just wants a quick fix, but surgery is NOT a quick fix. In fact it is a nonreversible life time of problems. Take your health into your own hands. Gall bladder surgery is becoming the number one money making surgery in the U.S. Do you really think a doctor is going to tell you not to get it? That's one of the easiest ways they make their money.
There are hundreds of gall bladder remedies out there you can try and they do work. Check some out and try some for yourself. It will take some time, the healing is gradual, but you will salvage your health. Take care and blessings to you.
|

replied July 11th, 2010
Just Flush it
I too have sludge i my gallbladder. I also have all the other symptoms. I am a RN. So, if I can do anything at all from being put "under the knife", I will. There are ALL kinds of problems that you can have from having your gallbladder out. If you are haven't problems with stones, I suggest you flush it. This is what I am going to do. By the way, the last person to post said that eating a low fat diet will only worsen your symtpoms. This is not true. The best thing to do is eat frequent, small meals high in fiber and raw vegetables. I don't know if it is available of not, but I plan to check and see if there is also something else I can get at a nutrition store to help in the flushing process.

I wish you all luck!
|

replied July 21st, 2012
What do you recommend to use to flush out the gall bladder? I do not want surgery. I was told I have several very tiny stones plus sludge.
|

replied April 4th, 2016
I am also feeling some of your symptoms. I have had a clear CT and US and I have negative bloodwork.

It hurts everyday in the upper right area and lower area, especially after eating and drinking water. I have controlled my fat foods also. I am not eating any red meat.

Finally my friend referred one herbal product. Without surgery I got cured after one month. Now I feel young and normal and I can eat all kind of foods.
|

replied July 27th, 2012
Can anyone tell me what the Slush Is??
I had my Gall bladder remove three month ago and, after surgery i never felt good, there was always a little pain in my abdomen.
Finally i had a agonizing pain and Doctors said i had
Slush and sand in my bile duct. They did an ERCP.But i Still don't feel good, my blood works still show abnormal liver enzymes.
|

replied July 28th, 2012
Experienced User
Slush/sludge is just tiny gallstones. Precipitation from bile in the gallbladder is probably very common but in most cases it is just flushed out and you never know. If your gallbladder isn't functioning well, or if you are just producing excessively concentrated bile (typically a "lifestyle issue") then the tiny sludge particles grow into "sand" and then further to stones.

Deposits in your bile duct aren't a good sign. The bile there, especially without a gallbladder, shouldn't be concentrated and everything should be flushed straight through. It is possible it is retained from before your operation, a very common problem, but that seems unlikely after so long.
|