Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Heartbroken And At a Loss - GF Bipolar w/ Episodes

Hi All,
My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with Bipolar 6 months ago and has had many episodes usually coinciding with her menstration cycle. She was receiving counseling and went to the Dr. for meds but he said he wasn't sure of the physciatrist's diagnosis. I have encouraged her to continue theropy but she hasn't responded. She has left me several times through these episodes to go back to her ex who they had a disfunctional relationship to begin with, for the duration of the depression but returns usually a week later. I'm not sure if I can take it anymore and am at a loss as to wether I should just let her go or keep trying to help her. I love her more than anything in this world and will be there for her in anyway possible. I have offered to do anything need to help her or to let me in to help her but she seems to want to go through the episodes alone at his place. I have offered to give her space at our home but she just responds in a hurtful manner. I know it's not her it's the sickness but it's getting very tuff on me and as much as I offer she won't come to me for help. Anything I should be doing or trying to breakthrough to her?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I would say to just let her know that you are there for her and if she needs anything she can come to you. IF you love her you have to be extremly patient with her. IF the fact that you keep offering is making her mad just offer one more time and leave it at that.

if she keeps leaving you for an ex I wouldnt stick aroun personally. perhaps this is some of the reason for this.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...