Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Just Found Out I Have Genital Warts.. Am I Screwed? :(

Hey guys.. I'm a 25 year old male who has only been with two people in my whole life. ANYWAY, I just found out my last g/f that cheated on me has given me bad genital warts. I had to pay $100 to find that out.. now they want me to see a Dermotogist.. Is this neccessary? Can this be cured or is it always going to be possible to infect others? Will I ever be able to have unprotected sex if I wanted a child in the future? I can't afford this... pretty depressing too Sad Thanks for any answers..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well, here's the good news. You're a male, so you don't have to worry about the risk of cervical cancer!!

Really sorry about your xgf. That's awful. You will need to see a dermatologist to get the actual warts treated. Genital warts are caused by the hpv virus, and the hpv virus will never go away. So, you will always have to have protected sex with your partners, or you risk giving them hpv, which in women can cause cervical cancer. However, your warts will go away. They might come back from time to time. But the virus will never go away.

If you get into a long term stable relationship (or are trying to get a woman pregnant), there are medications that you can take to avoid spreading it to your partner. But otherwise, you need to stay protected. But really, you should've been doing that anyway, so it's not so bad!!

Good luck.
|

Experienced User
You should go to the doctor and find out your options. It is most definitely possible to infect others, even with condoms.

After you've gone to the doctor and listened to your options, you might also like to check out herpes.com (yeah, i know, different disease) as they have products reviewed that supposedly work for genital warts. They also have chat so you can probably ask about the products' efficacy.
|

Aww man this is pretty bad sounding. Your right though, atleast I don't have the risk of cancer. Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. I'll go to the dermatologist for sure. I can't believe that girl was such a sl** :\ Dark clouds over me today...
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2007
Just to Let You Know...
70% of the population will contract HPV at some point in their life. You should read up on this.
Seems you are not educated enough on this topic.
Calling your ex a slut is immature.
You could have got this from your other ex.
The virus can stay dormant for years, and then SURPRISE.
Seriously, educate yourself on this.
|

replied November 9th, 2007
i think You can get herpes from people with cold sores... so i hear.
t's quite a common thing, try not to worry about it too much..
as for the girlfriend - we can't judge we don't know you or your relationship.
but don't worry the world is a big place you nevr know whos round the corner... nothing is ever as bad as it seems...keep smiling
|
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....