Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Just Found Out I Have Genital Warts.. What Now? :(

Hey guys.. I'm a 25 year old male who has only been with two people in my whole life. ANYWAY, I just found out my last g/f that cheated on me has given me bad genital warts. I had to pay $100 to find that out.. now they want me to see a Dermotogist.. Is this neccessary? Can this be cured or is it always going to be possible to infect others? Will I ever be able to have unprotected sex if I wanted a child in the future? I can't afford this... pretty depressing too Sad Thanks for any answers..
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper blondie_899
|

replied October 20th, 2007
Experienced User
I don't see why you would have to go to a dermatologist for your genital warts. To get rid of the warts a doctor can freeze them off or give you gel/cream to put on the warts.Genital warts is caused by a virus called HPV.Since it is a virus there is no cure for it.However most of the time within a year or two the body gets rid of the virus but with some people the virus stays with them forever.The only thing you can do is like I said get treatment for the warts and stay healthy.You can take a vitamin called olive leaf extract it helps with viruses and it's 100% natural,you can get it at a health food store and you can google it if you want.

Do not have sexual intercourse while you have the warts.Even if you use a codom you can still spread the warts.After you use the bathroom make sure to always wash your hands.Do not touch your warts because you can spread them to other parts of your body.Hang in there your not the only one with genital warts.It is becoming more and more common.There are millons of people out there with HPV.
|

replied October 21st, 2007
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the info. I actualy did get them freeze treated. I hope that will work. I guess it's suposed to take 3 weeks before I know for sure. This whole thing is pretty crazy to me, but people online do say it's common. I just hope it doesn't spread anywhere else. I didn't know that it could until I read your reply, thanks:)
|

replied October 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Your welcome. Sometimes after you get them frozen off they come back but that means you just have to keep on getting them frozen off.Also you can get Oral HPV by giving oral to someone who has genital warts.Just be very careful and make sure to use a condom every time.I know alot of people don't like using condoms but to me it's worth it to help prevent STD's/HIV.You might also want to get tested for other STD's/HIV if you haven't because once you have genital warts it's alot easier to get STD's/HIV.
|
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....