User Profile
Hi my son is 6 weeks old and I would like to get him baptized. I was just wondering when is the right time. Is there a certain age that you had your children baptized?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Thank you!

Kate
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't think that there is a certain age that they have to be. I am actually attending my god-daughter's baptism this Sunday and she is 6 months old. I think that it is pretty much up to you, but check with the church to make sure.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I don't think there is a specific age, however a younger baby may be easier to handle than an older one. My daughter was about a year old when we had her baptized.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
no theres no certain age. william was baptised at 8 months and my cousins who are about 10ish are gettiing baptised next year
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
There's no right age, its whenever you're ready! But I agree the yonger they are the better they behave.I had Brayden baptized at 6 weeks and it was just perfect! But there was a two year old being baptized the same time and she screamed the entire time!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
5 months i had my son baptized
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....