Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Sacral joint disorder : are symptoms psychpsymatic ?

Confused I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 1996 after a car accident in 1994. Since then I have been diagnosed with sacral joint disorders with injections twice,epidural injections, had a C4-5 and C5-6 discectomy with fusion (2 operations 11/05 and 3/07). I was just recently hospitalized again, I had the same symptoms appear as the discectomies. However after a head CT and a MRI I was told it was only showing arthritis. That night after being admitted for observation I started having head spasms. My mouth will draw down on the R and my whole head spasms to what seems like the left. The next morning an MRI of my shoulder (R) was done and showed arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis. Still haveing the spasms they found they could be controlled by Benzos..........so they must be psychopsymatic or so they say. There is a disorder in which when stressed a nerve in the neck can be triggered and produce similar symptoms. My question is , not even my therapist thinks this is psychpsymatic, all my meds have been changed to make sure it is not pharmocalogical. It is still happening. Anyone have any advice or help? Please! Thanks Amy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Did anyone observe the spasms? Maybe you can even video tape them at home?
|

replied November 25th, 2007
Yes that's why they kept me in the hospital so long. When they said my brain scan looked fine they sent me home. even though they admit it was a bit blurry because they did it during a spasm. They have slowed down now that I am on Valium and Fentanyl patches. I am coming off percocet as we speak and hope to need nothing but the patch. I am having PT for my shoulder but the therapist is not sure he can help me. That I will need to see an orthopedic surgeon. The therapist who looked at my hip said there was nothing she could do I needed an MRI. Finally, so I will be scheduling that next week. Maybe then Ican just see one orthopedic instead of 2 we'll see. Thanks for the advice though!
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Good luck! Let us know the results ...
|
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....