User Profile
Who here has had some weird pregnancy dreams?
I've been having dreams that I'm having contractions in them....it's so weird! I'll actually wake up in the middle of the dream, and realize that I'm holding my stomach like I was in the dream.

Very Happy So share some of your weirdest/scariest dreams that you've had during pregnancy so far!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2007
Supporter
When I was pregnant I dreamt I gave birth to my daughter & she was already smiling & laughing.. & in the dream I cuddled her, & when I woke up I was cuddling my tummy.

Oh & this wasn't when I was pregnant, but when Jenny was newborn I dreamt she could talk & it freaked me out! hehe
|

Extremely eHealthy
OH MY!!!!!!!! I have TONS of scary and just dowm right WEIRD dreams!

Just last night I had a dream where many ideas just ran together, but I was breastfeeding my baby when I looked down I could see Ryan in my baby boy's face (I'm really pregnant with a girl). Then I must have laid the baby down on the bed and forgot about her so when I realized that I forgot her I went back to get her and she had shriviled up to about 3-4 inches in length and was brown and looked like the pics you see of aborted babies....I cried so much I could feel my heart hurting in my dream, I took the small shrivled baby straight to the bathroom and put her under the running water in the sink to try and pop her back out (like you do those capsules that turn into animal shaped sponges) I pulled and tugged at her legs and nothing! I was by far the WORST dream I've had yet. All I could do today was think about that awful dream!!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I had many strange dreams when I was pregnant. A lot of them had to do with forgetting to buy diapers or forgetting to feed the baby. I had a lot of BH when I was pregnant, so I did dream a lot about contractions and once I woke up thinking I was in labor.
Once I had a dream that we brought Jaylon home from the hospital and the next day he was huge (like a 2 year old) crawling around getting into the cat box--eeewww.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Mommy35 wrote:
I had many strange dreams when I was pregnant. A lot of them had to do with forgetting to buy diapers or forgetting to feed the baby. I had a lot of BH when I was pregnant, so I did dream a lot about contractions and once I woke up thinking I was in labor.
Once I had a dream that we brought Jaylon home from the hospital and the next day he was huge (like a 2 year old) crawling around getting into the cat box--eeewww.

I have had many many dreans of forgeting to feed my baby!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I don't remember any weird dreams I had while I was pregnant but I've had dreams ever since Kaylee was born about her being in bed with us & rolling over on her. I wake up freaking out everynight. Lastnight I was dreaming about her I guess & I woke up playing peek a boo with her.. I even lifted the blanket up & said "Where's Kaylee?" lol. It's nuts! I also wake up thinking that I forgot to put her in her crib & that she's walking around our room.. So of course I'm up a billion times a night making sure we haven't rolled over on her (She hasn't slept with us since she was a month or so old) or that she's not wandering around the hosue at night! It's safe to say I don't get much sleep!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I read a book or magazine when I was pregnant that said it was really common to have those types of dreams. It's your mind telling you that you are nervous about being a good parent.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
LOL I always wonder if maybe I'm experiencing BH during the night and that's why they show up in my dreams. Guess I'll never be sure of that.
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i have been having alot of naughty dreams!!! and not just with the opposite sex either!!! Shocked Embarassed

Gosh i hope that normal!!!LOL Laughing
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
In the beginning, I had a lot of vivid steamy sex dreams, not always involving my DH either and crazy stuff that I'd never do in real life, 3-somes and sex with other women. Often, I'd wake up orgasming.

I also had a few gender dreams--twice I dreamt I was having a girl, twice a boy. But the girl dreams always seemed more real. I felt early on I was having a girl, and I am. I had one dream where my DH missed the big ultrasound at 20 weeks because he decided he needed to get his thyroid checked and scheduled his blood test for that day (my DH is on thyroid meds). I woke up SO mad at him! I knew though that he would never do that in real life, not to mention, he hates having his blood drawn, and I always have to prod him to make the appointment.

Lately, I've been having a lot of vivid nightmares that are very weird but very real and terribly scary. Now, I wake up with my heart just pounding in my chest from the dreams. I want the sex dreams back!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I just had another bad dream last night. I dreamed that my dad's house was on fire. This is the second time I've had a dream about his house catching fire. It's very disturbing because my dad is a quadriplegic. Well My grandma was in the house so I picked her up to carry her out and when I got outside I had carried out a big huge white dog. Then someone said not to call the fire dept. because they wanted the floor to burn so they could get the full payoff from the insurance.

I have the most bazar dreams!

I also have a lot of dreams about snakes.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I've had a lot of dreams about having sex with other people lol I always wonder what makes people dream of certain people or things
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yes pregnancy dreams are very common. i remember having loads of them, mostly involving me in labour actually
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2007
I've had a lot of dreams to when I first found out I was pregnant I dreamed that my baby was locked in a room and I couldn't get to her, the second dream I had I went into labor at work and had the baby I have a lot of dreams that I'm in labor or had a baby girl and I don't even know what the sex is but everytime I wake up I check and see if I'm still pregnant Smile
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...