Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

What did hangover last a week ? Still nauseous ...

okay...so about a week ago i was at a party...got way too trashed, blacked out. woke up the next morning still drunk...feeling fine but drunk. but as i started to sober up my hangover started to come also and its been about a week and i still feel nauseous all the time and lastnight when i was going to drink i could onyl drink about a half a beer before wanting to vomit...whats going on???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2008
Supporter
Hi, I hope you are feeling better now. I wonder if you had damaged your liver with that drinking binge? Please post again and let us know.
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I think you may have poisoned yourself...stop drinking so much...or stop all together...it sounds like you might have a problem if you are drinking even though you don't Confused feel like you really want it...
|

replied May 5th, 2010
hungover
I confronting the same problem right now. On friday was a very famous celebration in Sweden called Valborg which consists on drink from 8 am at the park until 3 am after partying all night. I did drink a lot but the same amount as last year. I am only 21 years old. I woke up drunk the next morning, I am drinking as much water as I can and eating and sleeping. But now wednesday and I still have a massive headache, feel like trowing up, heart burn and difficulties to breath and focus. What is going on? Sad
|

replied May 5th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
isachabe
You spent an entire day drinking toxins. Your body is flushed with them and the poison is shutting down your ability to flush your system out. Water is a good instinct but you need to better hydrate yourself and give your body something to bind the toxins to. Switch to sports drink to better allow your body to flush out the alcohol and drink about a half-gallon of Tomato juice to help your body digest the alcohol in your system. V8 or other tomoto juices fortified with other vitimins would be best as your body needs steady healthy nutritious intake and fluids are going to be easier to process.

If you find that you're vomiting and unable to hold down fluids or if you don't feel a dramatic improvement within 24 hours you need to go to a hospital.

This is a red flag for you. You have come very close to managing to kill yourself with booze. Your liver has been overcome by alcohol and and may have suffered permanent damage. Now is a good time to reevaluate your relationship with alcohol.
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its a feature of gastritis. I would suggest you proton pump inhibitors and antiemetic.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.