If I had my last period on August 30th and it lasted until september 3, would i have gotten another period in September or not until October if i had regular cycles?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
We don't know what your personal reglar cycle could be. Do you normally have a 28 day period? 30? 34? Are you regular or irregular?

Count from the first day of your last period (August 30th) and go from there. So 4 weeks (a 28 day cycle) would have another period due on September 27 - give or take a few days because we don't really know what length your cycle usually runs.
|

Especially eHealthy
I see your previous posts. If you believe you are pregnant, take a pregnancy test.

Sometimes it takes a few months to regulate your cycles after quitting birth control.

Did you quit because you are ttc?
|

Experienced User
Thank You
im not sure, i was regular then took birth control for about 1 or 1 and a half months then stopped taking it. it took like 57 days to get my period again but it finally came on august 30th so i thought that my cycle would go back to normal because i had taken birth control before and stopped it and after i had my first period again, i went back to normal. my cycles are normally 28-32 days. i was expecting to start around september 30 but i havent yet. i took a preg test(because i had unprotected sex on sep. 3rd and 5th) on october 6th but it was negative.
|

Experienced User
no i stopped taking it at the time because i wasnt able to get to the doctor in time to get another prescription so i just stopped taking them.
|

Especially eHealthy
You are probably not pregnant. More than likely it is a result of the hormone levels in your body being off. But, if you still don't start your period, please take another test/s. Smile

Weird that your doctor only give prescriptions for a month or two at a time... Mine gives them out for 6 months and all I have to do is call on the phone and ask for a 'refill' prescription to be sent to my pharmacy (or I can pick it up at the office and take it to the pharmacy). The only requirement is that I am seen every year for a pap smear.
|

Experienced User
my gyno also gives prescriptions for longer but the only reason she gave them to me(she gave me sample packs first) in the first place was because i was supposed to come back and get a pap smear then she was going to give me a full prescription for them, but i never made it back because i had a lot going on, then i just never went back.
|

Especially eHealthy
If you can go in now, she may be able to give you something to jump start your period in addition to the pap and bc prescription.
|

Experienced User
thank you for your replies. i dont know if i want to go back on bc, maybe i will though but i dont know. we will just stick to using condoms for now i guess
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....