Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

What Does Your Cramping Feel Like?

I am so scared, I am still cramping a little. How does yours feel? Yesterday when I went to the bathroom, I had to strain a little and the muscles around my groin were sore during it I noticed. I feel like everything in my abdomen has been kind of torn up and just feel weird, I feel really bloated, etc. I have these twinges of pain in etiher side, they go back and forth and are like a mild cramping. It comes and goes. It worries me I am having problems, I have expected several times to go to the bathroom and to see blood on the toilet paper, but I haven't seen it, just a little white discharge that has no odor.

I called the doctor friday and they said it was normal. I just hope I am not having an ectopic pregnancy. I have read about that, I think I am reading too much and getting myself all worried, etc.

Do you think it is the ligaments and uterus stretching causing the muscles to expand and be a little sore. This is my first pregnancy. I estimate I am about 7 weeks along. Thanks, everyone. I really want this baby. At first, I was really shocked, but now I really want the baby.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 8th, 2003
Cramping
Youre aout the same length as me and I still have a little cramping time from time. They said it was fine especially when its the time you should be getting your peroid. Also, your body is expanding down there and that can cause the cramps. As long as there is no blood and its not painful I wouldnt worry...Easier said than done I know! Plus, could it be the vit. That are making you tied up? I'm sure you fine but I know you're still going to worry for the next couple months and thats normal. Laughing hope I helped ease your mind a little.
|

replied September 8th, 2003
Yes, I think everyone worries the most about the cramping than anything else. I am still having it, but they say it is normal. Thanks for sharing,
dreamngrl. Kind of feels like things are being stretched beyond capacity.
|

replied November 1st, 2005
I'm new to this website, but I thought i'd look to see if anyone else was cramping. I'm about 8 weeks pregnant and i've also been reading about ectopic pregnancies. I'm so scared. My cramping is like mensrtal cramps--is that something to be worried about or is that normal? I'm just hoping for a normal, healthy pregnancy. This is our first pregnancy and we're so excited. I really hope i'm just reading to much into this. Thanks :)
|

replied November 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
I am in the same situation. I am cramping slightly on and off all day. Its not overly painful but its worriesome.

Is it normal? I am four weeks and three days along.
|

replied January 19th, 2010
I am feeling the same, I keep on getting twinges of pain on eith side, sometimes feeling like pin pricks, but big pins. Haha

I doesn't feel like menstral cramps at all as it us not a dull annoying ache, but a little sharper. I am 5 weeks pregnant and of course I am worried. But from what I am reading, maybe it is normal and common.
|

replied May 22nd, 2010
HELP
hey i have also been reading too much about ectopic pregnancies and i am having back pains behind my shoulder blade where the top two bones are...?? shoulder pain is a symptom of ectopic pregnancy??????

please hellp?
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2010
Experienced User
It is norma; :] Only when there is bleeding or the pain is intolerable.

Good luck!
|

replied December 27th, 2011
I just found out that I am prego. I am starting to have this weird abdominal feeling, and am worried. I would not call it pain, just uncomfortable. It feels like I have heartburn in my stomach. Is that normal, or should I be worried?? 7 weeks preggers!!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...