Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

High School Guy-girl Dilemnas

I really want some serious replies preferably from people who have dealt with a situation similar to this.
There is this girl, Kayla, we are seniors and have been going to school together for 4 years, but never really had classes/never really talked. Our lockers are next to each other but I never noticed how beautiful she was, and is also a "cool" girl. She is pretty quite, more of the sexy/gorgeous type than the "hot" type if you know what I mean.
This year we have 3/8 classes together. Her locker is next to mine and she has started a few conversations. I often catch her glancing at me, while I was doing the same. Problem is there is this kid that she was just friends with forever but now they are dating. How can I tell if she likes me and what can I do? If they waited 4 years to date and/or were on and off will her current relationship likely last?
I haven't really seriously dated in high school, but not many of my friends (jocks not nerds;)-no offense) haven't either because basically my class is pretty ugly. I get nervous and kinda defensive when she ever talked to me. Last year she said small things to me, nice stuff, in a class a few times but we never really talked. She does not talk to other guys without them starting the conversation, she is pretty shy I guess until you know her a lot better. A few kids try to hit on her and what not (more flirting I guess) but she seems like she doesn't care. We are actually very much alike in our demeanor when it comes to the opposite sex. How do I know if she likes me though? Does her glancing over at me and us making eye contact mean anything if it happens pretty often? (Like a few times a day, yea I keep track). She laughs at everything I say really, agrees with me on other things, etc. This kid she is dating though they get along from what I've seen but her boyfriend basically followed her everywhere and just now are they dating. Again, it may have been off and on, not sure. How can I start talking to her? Should I wait till she breaks up with him?
These past few weeks I have been thinking about her 24/7 but she doen't have the slightest clue, for all I know she may not even like me like that! But if she starts talking to me, it's gotta count for something. For example she was asking me about what I want to do (Pro Poker Player, laugh if you like) after we discussed careers in english class (everyone.) It went like this...

Here locker is HERE Mine is HERE (to her right)

She took a look over like she was going to say something I wasnt looking at her but knew she was gonna say something, like the pansy I am I looked away, but when I looked back she said "So you wanna be a poker player?" I said "Yea, not want though, I am gonna be one." She kinda chuckled and I said "What's wrong with that" (not in a mean way) and she said "Nothing, I just think it's a bit of a stretch." We smiled and I walked away. DOES SOMETHING LIKE THAT MEAN SOMETHING??

Thanks for ALL advice...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 14th, 2007
Experienced User
i like the way you told the story, sounds interesting.

anyway, your problem really is how to approach this girl... hmm...?????

i have always told this in some posts on people who are too eager to have a relationship with someone. I always tell them to befriend the girl first. So i tell you now, be friends with her!

Don't rush things. Try to be a friend to her, talk to her like you do now . . . but not just in passing, i mean a real conversation. She was asking if you wanted to be a poker players, then expound on your reason, then ask her what she would like to become, then the conversation would become interesting. And the next thing you know, you're getting closer and closer and closer. Don't worry about her boyfriend. Don't worry about anything that deals with hooking up with her . . . yet! Be sincere with her. Be a true friend, and we'll see where it will lead you. Wish you luck!
|

User Profile
omg! i have like the same situation and idk if he likes me. it bugs me so bad cuz i think sometimes that maybe he does(i also catch him so called "staring" at me). i think there is a high chance that she does like u but she maybe doesn't kno how u'd react or something. and yes, be friends with her talk 2 her more about random stuff it helps trust me;) i'm a girl i would kno lol, i kno i probly wasn't much help but anyway...good luck!
|

Experienced User
Invincible Wolf
Lol, I dunno what to say, I've never had a girlfriend before and I've never really had the confidence to talk to the "gorgeous/beautiful" girls, I even have trouble getting over how the "hot/sexy" girls don't like me. Lol, maybe talk to the school counsellor?
|