This may get moved, but I just want to know how long sex hurts after childbirth. My husband and I have had sex 3 times since I was released from doctor 2 weeks ago. It has hurt like hell everytime. We have used lube, tried different positions but nothing seems to help. It kind of feels like there is something covering my vaginal opening that he has to push his way through each time. The first 2 times, I bled quite a bit afterwards. But the third time, there was no blood, but still a lot of pain. And suggestions or advice? I would really like to enjoy sex again.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Supporter
For me, it took about 5-6 weeks until sex was comfortable again. It was like losing my virginity again!!!
Every body is different though.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
did you tear at all?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Supporter
I think a little the first time. It wasn't very fun. Like I said, it was like losing my virginity again. It took a while for sex to become comfortable when I lost my virginity, so with time, it will get better!
Did you have stitches with your delivery?
That could be causing some pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Supporter
Marianne0558 wrote:
I think a little the first time. It wasn't very fun. Like I said, it was like losing my virginity again. It took a while for sex to become comfortable when I lost my virginity, so with time, it will get better!
Did you have stitches with your delivery?
That could be causing some pain.


I'm not sure if "did you tear at all" was directed at me, but I answered anyway. I thought that post came from the OP. Sorry, lol
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I got cleared like 2 weeks ago too and we have only had sex 3 times because it kills for me. Sometimes it feels like he is bumping and pinching something every time he enters. It is not pleasant at all but we are still trying because I know that he needs it.

I am glad that you brought this up because I was wondering as well.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
beckster wrote:
did you tear at all?


I did tear. I'm not sure how badly...the doctor just said there were no second or third degree tears. I'm not even sure how many stitches I ended up with, maybe around 10-15????
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
musikmaker wrote:
I got cleared like 2 weeks ago too and we have only had sex 3 times because it kills for me. Sometimes it feels like he is bumping and pinching something every time he enters. It is not pleasant at all but we are still trying because I know that he needs it.

I am glad that you brought this up because I was wondering as well.


At least I'm not alone. I was starting to think something was wrong with me. It's hard for him to enjoy it though, knowing that it's hurting me so badly. Just one more thing to have to get through...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You just pushed a baby through a small opening. That area was very raw and sore. It is going to take awhile to heal before sex it going to feel good again.

Until then, like you said, use a lot of lube and go slow. In fact, the slower the better. Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'm sorry I can't be of much help because I didn't tear and had sex after 3 days. However, I know alot of girls on here have had similar problems.

Just take it slow- it WILL get better with time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
beckster wrote:
I'm sorry I can't be of much help because I didn't tear and had sex after 3 days. However, I know alot of girls on here have had similar problems.

Just take it slow- it WILL get better with time.


Wow. 3 days???? Shocked
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Supporter
I had a diddy little tear when i had Mika and occassionally that causes a little pain for me but that's usually only if we do the deed more than once in a day. The first 3 or 4 times hurt me then i was fine
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
for me it took 2 months!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It took me a while, sorry I can't remember exactly how long but I remember that the first few times were horrible.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for your replies ladies. I guess we will just keep trying, sounds like it's a fairly normal thing and eventually will get better.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...