Is it true that orange ribbons and bracelets stand for self injury. and why orange. why not a more symbolic color like red. seems like a better choice to me. ( looks better to )
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 11th, 2007
Experienced User
Your Right!
Red for the blood that flowed when Jesus was Crucified. For our continuous stupidity and lack of honesty and self control. For our constant need for help. For the big red flashings sign that says, " Wake up you stupid dumb F. . . K"!
|

User Profile
lol, Yes, it is Orange. And I dont know why it is... Though for some people, Red is a color that reminds them of blood, and being reminded of it might make you want to cut again... which is most likely the reason it isnt Red... since some people cut for the blood... Also, from what I heard, and what I used, for recovering cutters, there is a bracelet, with 6 orange beeds, and every month you dont cut, you replace an orange beed with a white one... until its white, and you can call yourself recovered!
|

Especially eHealthy
im not sure why its orange but i have a georgeous orange bangle set that i wear lol and i dnont cut!
|

replied July 5th, 2010
Yes the orange ribbon/band is the symbol for self-injury but it's not bad the orange ribbon is actually the sign that represents self-injury awareness. Self-injury Awareness day is March 1st. This day is meant to raise awareness and help support people who are self-harmers. But it is not celebrated in many ways most people don't even know it exists. I'm not sure why it is orange but it might not be red because that color might be triggering for some people
|

replied February 26th, 2011
Red is pro-anorexia, just so everyone knows; it was already taken.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....