User Profile
Hi everyone,

I have been having migraines for several years now and take Imitrex 100 mg pills for it. I get the whole deal: Light flashes or electrical moving auras, stuffy nose, vomiting etc. I usually wake up with them and it sticks around for either just an hour or so or several days.
My main triggers are lack of sleep and weather changes and I get most of my migraines during the spring and fall.

I have been doing the following to lighten or get rid of the migraine. It only works if the migraine is not at it's peak yet though.

I make a nice strong pot of coffee, take my Imitrex, drink a big cup of the strong coffee and then take a hot shower. For some weird reason this combination seems to really relief the migraine and sometimes even gets rid of it.

I figure I would share this with everyone.

Do you guys have any simmilar relief tricks? I would love to hear them Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That works because the caffeine dialates your blood vessels to allow more blood flow. Caffeine is also in your migraine medication for this same reason.

I'm glad that you have found something that works for you.

When you get your headaches, do you also have a lot of muscle pain in the back of your head or neck?
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I have done similar...since I cut caffiene, if I drink a Coke when the headache hits and then get into the hot shower, I feel better. Someone once told me that they take a cold shower, as cold as they could stand it, because it restricts the blood vessels or something. I hate cold showers and would probably become suicidal if I had a migraine and was in the freezing shower at the same time.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....