I'm a 30 year old male who has just received his 2nd angioplasty...not quite what I had in mind for this point in my life. The first stent was done on 10/15/2005. It was moving day for us and long story short, I was told I suffered a minor Heart Attack. My L.A.D. was 99% blocked. They obviously put a stent. Since then I've quit smoking, no brainer, and monitored my eating habits, although they were nothing out of the ordinary for someone my age. I'm about 5'10" and have consistently weighed approx. 175 pounds...what I'm getting at is that I'm not grossly overweight and practiced the same eating habbits of most young men my age. Well if the first one caught me off guard, the second time around has me completely freaked out. Considering that I'm on Plavix, Chrestor, Zedia, Toporol, and 1 Bayer a day, I figured I wasn't due for another episode for quite some time. But as no luck would have it, about 3 weeks ago, while sitting at my desk in my home, I started feeling "strange". Same classic symptoms that I felt the first time. Eventually I called the ambulance, typical stubborn male here. They initially didn't find anything but after a nuclear stress test they did an angiogram and found that my left circumfix artery had another blockage, about 90% this time. It wasn't there before, so that means that even while being on all of these meds it was still able to develop, which has me concerned. My doctors and family are obviously very helpful, but I want an unbiased(straight) answer as to what I should expect for my future. I don't want to dwell on it, but I would also like to know. Will this happen again? Will it be worse next time? I'm only 30, how long will these stents last? The list goes on and on, dinner's ready and I'm typing this in confidence(don't want to concern the fiance' anymore) so I need to go. Any advice, tips, things to ask my docs, things to do, and some honest answers will be greatly appriciated. I'll try and check back later this evening to answer any questions people may ask.
Thanks, Chicago
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper schigara
|

replied May 7th, 2008
Similar story--I tried diet changes
I read your story and thought--this is me! I was a little older, but had very similar experience. Like you, I had near total blockage in LAD. Went on meds. But meds made me sick, so I started doing a lot of reading. I highly recommend Gary Taubes Good Calories, Bad Calories (GCBC). This started me thinking differently about diet and heart disease.

Given that you had another blockage develop, you can see that the meds don't always treat the cause. No one knows precisely the cause of atherosclerosis, but if were you, I'd look into a low carb diet. Taubes in GCBC describes the work of RM Krauss (google "Krauss carbohydrates" for studies or go to pubmed.com). Krauss discovered that LDL comes in different sizes, and that small LDL are associated with high risk of heart disease, and large LDL associated with low risk of heart disease.

Further, Krauss found that a high carb diet lead to small LDL (as well as high triglycerides and low HDL). Low carb diet lead to large LDL (low triglycerides and high HDL).

So a low carb diet appears to be heart healthy in Krauss' model of heart disease (in contrast with the high carb advice from Am. Heart Assoc.)

I took out sugars and processed carbs from my diet. Dropped weight, and feel the best I have in years. Am using recipes from Leo Galland's Fat Resistance Diet, which are really fantastic. Only time will tell if my changes will help, but feeling good now is certainly helping my spirits.

Good luck! If you have other questions, feel free to contact me.
|

replied May 17th, 2008
I know this story
I am a 30 year old male with a 7 month old son and another on the way. I was just diagnosed with coronary artery disease and had a stent put in to my LAD due to a %100 blockage. Due to my family history, and my lifestyle, I knew that this was going to be in my future. But I was devastated to find out that I would have to deal with it at the age of 30. With a new marriage and a second child on the way, my future scares the hell out of me. I am not even sure how to deal with it, except my hope for the future of HD research will bring some kind of miracle drug to ensure that I will be around for my wife and children.
|

replied March 26th, 2012
Hi, I was abousutely like you as you said bad lifestyle.new marriage..van you plz tell me more what will happen to me in my future.. I am 34..
|

replied May 18th, 2008
Re: I know this story
Man...I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. Please do take a look at Gary Taube's book, Good Calories, Bad Calories. I really think avoiding processed carbs/sugars is important. I'm not talking an Atkins approach, just a diet where you eat whole foods instead of processed carbs and sugars. Really, it seems to be helping me--at least I've dropped weight, belly fat, etc. Certainly could not hurt.

There is some hope, I think...Or at least I'm choosing to believe that for now. Do some reading and look at the studies cited in Taubes book. It was there that I found some direction to an approach that I'm hopeful will help me lead a healthier, longer life--but the reality is we can never know for sure. Take one day at a time. But know you have some control in that you can learn and apply what you learn to the choices you make.

Best of luck. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or just want to vent.
|
Users who thank bplotter for this post: pwl8314 

replied May 25th, 2008
Hello to all,

I have a question. Does anyone have a family history of heart disease? You all are so young that it scares me.
|

replied May 25th, 2008
Ian,

I wish that I had some comforting newsfor you, but I don't. What I just read is problably the most concerning thing that I have read since I was diagnosed. I personaly have not completely quit the butts so if you have any good ideas or support to offer I would appreciate it. If you haven't read my blurb yet, I am 30 years old, andI have a 7 month old son, and another on the way. I don't want to lie, your story scares the crap out of me. I amhoping that I don't have any more issues for a long time, but as my family history tells me, and your story tells me, I will be dealing with the in the near future.

I can tell you that writing some of the crap that is on your mind on a daily basis here with a lot of other people that are in the same boat does make you realize that you have not been singled out in life, and that this is a very widespread disease. I have just found this website and it is nice to know that I am not the only guy that is dealing with this. At this point I don't have anything uplifting to say about it, but if you want to keep in touch, feel free.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied June 30th, 2008
Read Esselstyn
My gosh, before you go and jump on the atkins thing, do yourself a favor and look for Dr. Esselstyn's book, and follow his program. Esselstyn took people like you and cured them of heart disease over the course of a 20 year study. There is NO equivalent study for low carb, and in fact there is NOT ONE study that shows low carb can reverse the disease that is killing you. The stents you have are only bandaids on slow building blockages. It's the sudden plaque rupture that can kill you, and the stents do nothing for that. There are several studies that show Esselstyn's approach works to stabilize plaque and reduce blockages, and that it works fast, with sustained benefits over time in terms of actual disease reversal. Don't fall for the studies that claim to lower this number by that much or whatever. There are only a few studies that show long-term reversal of blockages and elimination of heart attack risk, and they are very low-fat plans like Esselstyn's. After you read the book, call Esselstyn's office and make an appointment to see him in Cleveland. There is hope for you.
|

replied October 12th, 2008
heart disease
Hey guys

Just stumbled across this forum and read your stories about being inflicted with heart disease at such young ages. Well if there is something that can help it maybe a miracle enzyme called serrapeptase, which german physician Dr Hans Napier used on his coronary heart patients and found there was excellent improvement in patients some 12 months later. I know there are many products online that claim to help but i believe this is a genuine product as it works by reducing inflammation a key marker in heart disease. Using flax seed oil and consuming fish oils are shown to reduce incidences/recurrence of heart disease by 23% and stabalise plaques longterm. Linus paulings research showed that heart disease was caused by lack of vitamins and minerals especially vitamin c so try to Increase your consumptions of that. I hope this is of some help .
|

replied February 4th, 2009
Esselstyn diet
I had 2 DES Stents after a heart attack 2 years ago. I have been following this diet for 8 months, feel great, had a good change in my lipid panel. It is not that hard to follow, especially when you see the research.
Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell Esselstyn ....get it
|

replied October 31st, 2009
Wow. I to had a heart attack and had a stent put into my LAD. The only difference? I'm a 30 year old woman. I know exactly how you feel. It's a scary experience. I started a blog on my struggles with cardiac rehab and wading through all the cardiac advice out there. If you ever want to chat, feel free to pm me.
|

replied January 16th, 2010
Chest pain
I am 30 I have high triglycerides and for about 3 years I have gotten short lasting chest pains. Sometimes the pain is worse but it usually only lasts a few seconds at a time. I had a nuclear stress test done about a year and a half ago. Nothing was found but I still get these pains. I was just wandering if anyone else expierences these pains and if they are benign.
|

replied June 16th, 2011
I am not as young as most of you and certainly would be upset if I was in my 30's however I'm female 59 and was having severe jaw pain with pain in between my shoulders. I called 911 I hadn't had a heart attack however they went ahead and did a catherazation and found a left anterior descending with proximal 70% I know this is considered fairly mild but because of its placement and the fact that I had the exact same pain as what I came into the hospital for he choose to place the stent. I was then put on plavix and all seem fine. However a month after coming home I had the same pain except worse and went back to the hopital and once they find I had not had a heart attack I was relaesed with the same prior instructions. Then the following month I had the same pain except much more severe I had the sweats, nausea felt faint, my husband called 911 again I then passed out on the floor. Upon waking the paramedics were there but they said my speech was garbbled, I could not hold up my arm, or move my left leg either. They of course thought stroke, hospital I went the numbness did not go away until the following afternoon, I of course had a cat scan as soon as I got to the ER showed nothing, after a couple of days I had a MRI it was clear.After I went to the hospital the 1st time and the put the stent in the Cardiologist's P.A. came around and wanted to know if I knew how lucky I was that this was what they called a widow maker where it was at and that if I had any chest pain at all not to wait but to go straight to the hospital. She really scolleded me because I was taking it so lightly. Well now I've gone to the hospital 2x and nothing is going on. Today I once again had the worst chest, jaw, and back pain but did not call 911 and it went away after about 8-10 minutes, thought I was going to pass out again. What do you do in situations like this, I apparently have nothing wrong yet this is definetly not right. I'm weak afterwards for the rest of the day, something doesn't make sense to me, my dr. is the Chief of Cardiology and he just said it was to early to have anything wrong they just put the stent in, I asked about going to the hospital with the pain and he said it was up to me. He couldn't tell me when to go and when not to. However is P.A. who was a woman my age told mem something completly different. What should I do? Help please...
|

replied January 16th, 2012
At age 38 went in er for shortness of breath pain on side of chest left side...stress test etc. nothing...same deal at age 45....same deal at age 57..complete tests told all 3 times no abnormal heart issues...went in 2 months ago age 61 same symptoms...dr did heart cath which showed rca 100% blocked and heart had grown arteries to compensate for blockage...my LAD was 95% blocked and I received a stent....feel great but get occassional twinges in heart area. I had no classic symptoms prior to stent...If you have pains and the doctor says dont worry get a 2nd and 3rd doctor if needed...My Doctor gave me 30 days before I would have been taking the dirt nap... the only way to know for sure is the heart cath proceedure...
|

replied October 26th, 2010
CAD
hi was wondering what were some of your symptoms that you were experiencing? I am a thirty 33 year old, i just quit smoking 7 months ago, i've been experiencing some heaviness in the chest., shortness of breath, difficulty to climb stairs without being so out of breath and a little lite headed. i am chalking it up to anxiety but i really feel that it isn't. i do go to the gym and run intermittently on the treadmill and do weights..i don't know what to do??? any advice?
|

replied November 2nd, 2010
Research Pauling Therapy. 3-5 grams per day of ascorbic acid(vitamin C) to prevent chronic scurvy/atherosclerosis. To reverse atherosclerosis,10-18 grams per day of ascorbic acid, 4-6 grams per day of L-Lysine and 1.5-3 grams per day of L-Proline . The ascorbic acid must be taken in numerous doses through the day to achieve and maintain high serum levels since it is water soluble and has a 30 minute half life.

Cholesterol is not the root cause of atherosclerosis, it is just a secondary co-factor.

Atherosclerosis is focal arterial scurvy caused by a vitamin C deficiency in the intimal layer of the arteries. The cells which comprise the blood vessels are surrounded by an intercellular glue known as ground substance. Ground substance is a gel-like framework and is dependent upon abundant amounts of collagen otherwise will turn loose and watery. Collagen is produced by fibroblasts and they depend upon ascorbic acid(vitamin C). In the absence of proper amounts of ascorbic acid, collagen production slows or stops.

Once the intimal wall of the artery becomes damaged from the vitamin C deficiency, LDL and especially Lp(a) cholesterol are used to patch or shore up the damage and the atherosclerotic process has begun.

Once the damage and inflamation of the arterial wall is repaired by reversal of the deficiency, cholesterol levels will naturally lower.

The RDA for vitamin C is only 90mg and is ridiculous. This amount does prevent frank scurvy, where you bleed to death internally, but does not prevent focal arterial scurvy.

High cholesterol is not a drug deficiency. There are only four species of mammals which do not make their own ascorbate(vitamin C). These are (1) humans, (2) gorillas, (3) guinea pigs and (4) fruit bats. Bears, in hybernation, have cholesterol levels that exceed 400mg/dl yet they do not have heart disease like humans do. The difference is they produce massive amounts of ascorbic acid in their livers 24/7.

Search Linus Pauling, Thomas E. Levy, Matthias Rath and Owen Fonorrow

Basic Pauling protocol to halt and reverse atherosclerosis--

9-18 grams ascorbic acid(vitamin C) taken in dynamic flow(numerous small doses through the day)
5-6 grams L-Lysine amino acid
2-4 grams L-Proline amino acid
|

replied March 21st, 2011
I am 32 and have had a serious heart attack!
Here is my story: I am a 32 y/o white obese male. I have these diseases: Peripheral Vascular Disease *diagnosed at age 28*, An advanced case of Spinal Stenosis at my L4-L5 and it is bad, Heart Disease and I had a Myocardial Infarction last Wednesday evening. I had been having really heavy chest pressure at night time when I would goto sleep and it would hurt bad. REALLY BAD. My left hand would fall asleep and my right leg still does. I had an angioplasty and 2 different arteries were blocked. One was blocked at 103% I forget the percentage of the other blockage. I now have 2 stints.Heart problems run really bad in my mom's family. I am just floored by this. I am not a drug user. I used to take phentermine, benzphetamine, and ephedrine for many many years well into my twenties, from the age of 14. My family doctor started me on Phentermine and I lost 150 pounds. I eventually gained all of my weight back. My question is could all of this use in the past have caused my problems? Please email me
|

replied November 28th, 2011
Young age, good health cardiac symptoms?
Those of you who posted cardiac problems at a young age -- can you describe your symptoms in more detail? I had similar symptoms but the doctors just describe stress/anti-depressant meds, and while I'm sleeping better these seem to make the chest pain more consistent. The odds were against the majority of you for a heart problem at a young age, how did you figure it out?
|

replied February 22nd, 2012
I need advice!
I need advice: I am 30yrs old & went through a messy divorce 4yrs ago (and am still dealing w/ messy custody issues). Between the stress of it all & the food/wine I consumed to deal w/ the stress early on in the divorce/custody process, I went from 130lbs to 180lbs within the first year & haven't lost any of it. I'm now worried that my stress & unhealthy habits in the last few years could be having a serious effect on my health. I am always SO tired & feel weak and just plain gross all of the time. Earlier this year I experienced an extreme case of vertigo & had never gone through that in my life until then. Lately I've also noticed that my chest feels a little tight at times & my heart races a bit (especially when I lay down for bed at night). I am a single mom & my daughter's dad only sees her under supervised contact (for good reason), so I am terrified that something might happen to me & my parents will have to fight in court for custody of my daughter/her safety. I need advice on whether I should get my heart checked, or if my symptoms could just be anxiety or something else? please help!
|

replied March 23rd, 2012
Its Inflammation!!!
Dr. Dwight Lundell
PreventDisease
Thu, 01 Mar 2012 21:58 CST

We physicians with all our training, knowledge and authority often acquire a rather large ego that tends to make it difficult to admit we are wrong. So, here it is. I freely admit to being wrong. As a heart surgeon with 25 years experience, having performed over 5,000 open-heart surgeries, today is my day to right the wrong with medical and scientific fact.

I trained for many years with other prominent physicians labelled "opinion makers." Bombarded with scientific literature, continually attending education seminars, we opinion makers insisted heart disease resulted from the simple fact of elevated blood cholesterol.

The only accepted therapy was prescribing medications to lower cholesterol and a diet that severely restricted fat intake. The latter of course we insisted would lower cholesterol and heart disease. Deviations from these recommendations were considered heresy and could quite possibly result in malpractice.

It Is Not Working!

These recommendations are no longer scientifically or morally defensible. The discovery a few years ago that inflammation in the artery wall is the real cause of heart disease is slowly leading to a paradigm shift in how heart disease and other chronic ailments will be treated.

The long-established dietary recommendations have created epidemics of obesity and diabetes, the consequences of which dwarf any historical plague in terms of mortality, human suffering and dire economic consequences.

Despite the fact that 25% of the population takes expensive statin medications and despite the fact we have reduced the fat content of our diets, more Americans will die this year of heart disease than ever before.

Statistics from the American Heart Association show that 75 million Americans currently suffer from heart disease, 20 million have diabetes and 57 million have pre-diabetes. These disorders are affecting younger and younger people in greater numbers every year.

Simply stated, without inflammation being present in the body, there is no way that cholesterol would accumulate in the wall of the blood vessel and cause heart disease and strokes. Without inflammation, cholesterol would move freely throughout the body as nature intended. It is inflammation that causes cholesterol to become trapped.

Inflammation is not complicated -- it is quite simply your body's natural defence to a foreign invader such as a bacteria, toxin or virus. The cycle of inflammation is perfect in how it protects your body from these bacterial and viral invaders. However, if we chronically expose the body to injury by toxins or foods the human body was never designed to process,a condition occurs called chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation is just as harmful as acute inflammation is beneficial.

What thoughtful person would willfully expose himself repeatedly to foods or other substances that are known to cause injury to the body? Well, smokers perhaps, but at least they made that choice willfully.

The rest of us have simply followed the recommended mainstream diet that is low in fat and high in polyunsaturated fats and carbohydrates, not knowing we were causing repeated injury to our blood vessels. This repeated injury creates chronic inflammation leading to heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity.

Let me repeat that: The injury and inflammation in our blood vessels is caused by the low fat diet recommended for years by mainstream medicine.

What are the biggest culprits of chronic inflammation? Quite simply, they are the overload of simple, highly processed carbohydrates (sugar, flour and all the products made from them) and the excess consumption of omega-6 vegetable oils like soybean, corn and sunflower that are found in many processed foods.

Take a moment to visualize rubbing a stiff brush repeatedly over soft skin until it becomes quite red and nearly bleeding. you kept this up several times a day, every day for five years. If you could tolerate this painful brushing, you would have a bleeding, swollen infected area that became worse with each repeated injury. This is a good way to visualize the inflammatory process that could be going on in your body right now.

Regardless of where the inflammatory process occurs, externally or internally, it is the same. I have peered inside thousands upon thousands of arteries. A diseased artery looks as if someone took a brush and scrubbed repeatedly against its wall. Several times a day, every day, the foods we eat create small injuries compounding into more injuries, causing the body to respond continuously and appropriately with inflammation.

While we savor the tantalizing taste of a sweet roll, our bodies respond alarmingly as if a foreign invader arrived declaring war. Foods loaded with sugars and simple carbohydrates, or processed with omega-6 oils for long shelf life have been the mainstay of the American diet for six decades. These foods have been slowly poisoning everyone.

How does eating a simple sweet roll create a cascade of inflammation to make you sick?

Imagine spilling syrup on your keyboard and you have a visual of what occurs inside the cell. When we consume simple carbohydrates such as sugar, blood sugar rises rapidly. In response, your pancreas secretes insulin whose primary purpose is to drive sugar into each cell where it is stored for energy. If the cell is full and does not need glucose, it is rejected to avoid extra sugar gumming up the works.

When your full cells reject the extra glucose, blood sugar rises producing more insulin and the glucose converts to stored fat.

What does all this have to do with inflammation? Blood sugar is controlled in a very narrow range. Extra sugar molecules attach to a variety of proteins that in turn injure the blood vessel wall. This repeated injury to the blood vessel wall sets off inflammation. When you spike your blood sugar level several times a day, every day, it is exactly like taking sandpaper to the inside of your delicate blood vessels.

While you may not be able to see it, rest assured it is there. I saw it in over 5,000 surgical patients spanning 25 years who all shared one common denominator -- inflammation in their arteries.

Let's get back to the sweet roll. That innocent looking goody not only contains sugars, it is baked in one of many omega-6 oils such as soybean. Chips and fries are soaked in soybean oil; processed foods are manufactured with omega-6 oils for longer shelf life. While omega-6's are essential -they are part of every cell membrane controlling what goes in and out of the cell -- they must be in the correct balance with omega-3's.

If the balance shifts by consuming excessive omega-6, the cell membrane produces chemicals called cytokines that directly cause inflammation.

Today's mainstream American diet has produced an extreme imbalance of these two fats. The ratio of imbalance ranges from 15:1 to as high as 30:1 in favor of omega-6. That's a tremendous amount of cytokines causing inflammation. In today's food environment, a 3:1 ratio would be optimal and healthy.

To make matters worse, the excess weight you are carrying from eating these foods creates overloaded fat cells that pour out large quantities of pro-inflammatory chemicals that add to the injury caused by having high blood sugar. The process that began with a sweet roll turns into a vicious cycle over time that creates heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and finally, Alzheimer's disease, as the inflammatory process continues unabated.

There is no escaping the fact that the more we consume prepared and processed foods, the more we trip the inflammation switch little by little each day. The human body cannot process, nor was it designed to consume, foods packed with sugars and soaked in omega-6 oils.

There is but one answer to quieting inflammation, and that is returning to foods closer to their natural state. To build muscle, eat more protein. Choose carbohydrates that are very complex such as colorful fruits and vegetables. Cut down on or eliminate inflammation- causing omega-6 fats like corn and soybean oil and the processed foods that are made from them.

One tablespoon of corn oil contains 7,280 mg of omega-6; soybean contains 6,940 mg. Instead, use olive oil or butter from grass-fed beef.

Animal fats contain less than 20% omega-6 and are much less likely to cause inflammation than the supposedly healthy oils labelled polyunsaturated. Forget the "science" that has been drummed into your head for decades. The science that saturated fat alone causes heart disease is non-existent. The science that saturated fat raises blood cholesterol is also very weak. Since we now know that cholesterol is not the cause of heart disease, the concern about saturated fat is even more absurd today.

The cholesterol theory led to the no-fat, low-fat recommendations that in turn created the very foods now causing an epidemic of inflammation. Mainstream medicine made a terrible mistake when it advised people to avoid saturated fat in favor of foods high in omega-6 fats. We now have an epidemic of arterial inflammation leading to heart disease and other silent killers.

What you can do is choose whole foods your grandmother served and not those your mom turned to as grocery store aisles filled with manufactured foods. By eliminating inflammatory foods and adding essential nutrients from fresh unprocessed food, you will reverse years of damage in your arteries and throughout your body from consuming the typical American diet.
|

replied May 1st, 2012
42 Year Old Female -- 2 Stents in RCA -- Depressed as Hell.
Hello all.
I am 42 years old, started having chest pains on March 16, 2012. On April 19, 2012, I was diagnosed with CAD and given two stents in my RCA. I am very discouraged.

My family history is horrible, so I have always thought that I'd experience heart issues at SOME point, but at 42 years old??? I just feel broken.

I ride my bike 20-30 miles at a stretch, several times a week. I don't eat fabulously, but I don't eat horribly. I could lose 30 pounds, and I have slightly high blood pressure. No high cholesterol now or ever.

It all started with chest pains back in March. Doctors didn't even want to believe it was heart-related, and I had two doctors refer me to a gastroenterologist. I've had plenty of heartburn in my life so I knew this wasn't gastric. I finally got to a cardiologist, had a stress echo, a nuclear stress test, and finally a CT Angiogram. The CTA confirmed a blockage and I was sent directly to the ER. The next day I had a heart cath (through the wrist, thankfully) and two stents.

I just want to throw the world's biggest tantrum and scream about how unfair this is. I've had my stents for ten days now so I suppose my moodiness is typical progression.

Anyone got some good ideas for how to move on from here?
|

replied July 3rd, 2012
Hi Runsinthefamily, I too have it run in my family and I too had a heart attack at 43. So, we now know that life isn't fair. or is it? You could be dead like so many others. You had a 50-50 chance or better of dying. Yet, here you are. Able to post comments and get moody about it. I think your first step is to allow yourself to feel very grateful you have a second chance. Then, once you truly get that you could be dead and have been blessed, start reading and studying like crazy. There is a lot to learn. I recommend looking into mostly plant based, green filled, all natural diets that avoid sugar and white flour. Then, look in Pauling Therapy and Serrapeptase as possible natural therapies. See the documentary Forks over Knives while you are at it. And please enjoy your second chance. Good luck!
|

replied December 31st, 2012
heart stents and open heart double bipass at 33 yrs old
i too am a 33 yr old male ive had 2 stents in in may of 2012 then open heart double bipass in aug of 2012 no rhyme or reason to the blockages im 6'1" 230 lbs not huge ive quit smoking adjusted my diet yet im still having chest pains and blood pressure issues not to mention the mental health issues that have come up which have almost become debilitating. im so scared each day that another one is coming that my quality of life and marriage have suffered tremendously. i hope some one has an answer for us or should i just wait to die????
|

replied January 24th, 2013
Well im pretty much in the same boat...im a 31 yr old diagnosed with variant angina. Had 2 minor heart attacks in the past and a major one warly last year. I have 2 stents in aitu. Not too sure whats in store for me!!!
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....