Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

No Period Yet but Negative Preg Test

I was on birth control a while back then stopped taking it and it took forever (like 50 something days) to get my period. Well finally my period came on August 30 and lasted 5 days which is normal. So I thought that since I got my period, my cycle should go back to normal. So i was expecting to start around September 30 but I didnt. I still have not started. I was thinking I could be pregnant because I had unprotected sex on the last day of my period, which was September 3 and again on september 5th but I took a preg test last week and it was negative. but i still have no period?! what do you think??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you could be preg because you had unprotected sex
you could have just taken the test too soon
wait another two weeks and test again to make sure
sounds like you have irregular cycles though so its hard to tell
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2007
Experienced User
After coming off birth control it took forever for my periods to regulate. It's probably late because your body is confused from the birth control. It's really common, it can take up to a year to see normal periods again after coming off birth control. I wouldn't worry about it to much.
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
am i pregnant ?
My last period was 2nd of January, and till today 3rd of february i didnt have periods, and i had unprotected sex with my husband, before marriage i had regular periods. on 3rd feb i checked my pregancie test, it shows negative, but i have symptoms like a bit heavy tummy, breathing problem while eating and walking fast. am i pregrannet ? or should i wait some for more days ?
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....