User Profile
All day today I had a sore feeling in my lower stomach. It's not really a pain but it's really annoying, could this be because my uterus is growing? I'm not worried about it just curious. Oh and also I'm really anxious to feel the baby move. So I'm wondering at what week you ladies felt your baby move? I'm 12 weeks today btw yay! Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2019

Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Growing uterus can be a reason of stretching pain but that pain is mild enough.At the 14th – 20th week, a great event called quickening occurs. This is the first perception of fetal movement by the mother. Usually felt around 18-20 weeks in first pregnancies, it can be as early as 14 weeks in later pregnancies due to the increased sensitivity of the more relaxed abdominal muscles.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.