Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Pregnancy Advice - Haven't missed period but boobs hurt

im 21 and have never had a child before. but for the past week and a half or so my breasts have been extremely tender. they'll be bad one day and not so bad the next. i've done extensive research on pregnancy and the first signs of it. that's really the only indication i'm having. i've not been tired, weepy, or anything like that. no headaches, no backaches, etc. i haven't missed a period yet. it's close to that time and im wondering if that's why my boobs are hurting so bad. they always do around that time of the month, but not like this. can you please help me?? please
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 8th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
have you had unprotected sex?
|

User Profile
sore boobs can happen when your due for your period as well.. try to not stress out.. that can delay your period.. i was 22 when i had my first child and my friend who is 20 is expecting her first.. dont sweat it.. it will all be okay whatever the outcome is..
|

Especially eHealthy
Wait until your period is due and take a pregnancy test. Sore breasts are not always a good indication of pregnancy, since non-pregnancy hormone levels can contribute to this symptom.

Honestly, a lot of PMS symptoms are very similar to pregnancy symptoms. And, for the most part, pregnancy symptoms don't start prior to a missed period.

It sounds like this isn't being sincere (because a lot of people seem to think it isn't) but it is. No one can tell you whether or not you are pregnant. Your symptom could be a normal part of your cycle this month. However, you could be pregnant and this could be a symptom of that. You can't know until your period goes missing and you take a pregnancy test though.

Good luck.
|

yes i have
|

thank you ingi. it means a lot. you've eased my mind tremendously. im still scared though! :S
|

Especially eHealthy
I understand. The possibility of unintended pregnancy IS scary. But, at this point, there is also nothing you can do about it. That, in itself, I think is the scariest part. Not knowing. Not being able to do anything or make a decision on anything.

However, I can't in good concience go without saying that sex is so much better with birth control. I know, accidents happen and sometimes in the heat of the moment we forget - but sex is way way better if there isn't a worry about the outcome of pregnancy. Smile

When is your period due? Will you be testing right away? Good luck. I hope it all turns out well.
|

the "ironic" thing about it, is that i have a doc's appt. this friday to get put on bc. my periods are not ever regular. they're usually in the middle of the month or at the end of the month. i think thats y im worried, cause my boobs are tender so early in the month.
|

Especially eHealthy
Keep your appointment. Explain your fears of pregnancy to them.

Hang in there!
|

thank you. the only good thing about it is that the person im with i will be marrying
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...